No announcement yet.
X

Mikuni float bowl needles $56.00 each?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my Craftman 100 piece set from Sears in 2006. I don't know if the quality has changed over the year, but they do have a life time warrently, or did. I've rarely ever used the 1/2" drive. I use the 3/8" drive even for big, bad rusty bolt and its held up to many hard, hammered strikes. I've got my moneys worth about 1000 times over, so I have to disagree with that statement according to my experience.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
      I bought my Craftman 100 piece set from Sears in 2006. I don't know if the quality has changed over the year, but they do have a life time warrently, or did. I've rarely ever used the 1/2" drive. I use the 3/8" drive even for big, bad rusty bolt and its held up to many hard, hammered strikes. I've got my moneys worth about 1000 times over, so I have to disagree with that statement according to my experience.
      I didn't make a statement. I said I have no response. If you think anything at Harbor Freight is better than the cheapest Craftsman... Ok, that's your opinion. I'm not telling you you're wrong.

Comment

Wasn't referring to you man.
        I'm going to shut up. Getting off topic here.
        My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

I'm familiar with JIS, thanks for the heads up.. I also have and use a hand held impact driver for things like the master cylinder screws, works every time w/o marring the screws. I've done some small engine carb work in the past, no problem but I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by the BST34's. Seeing as though the bike is 24 years old and the carbs have never been apart, I'm sure there will be fastener issues. I still may send them out and not worry about getting frustrated. I also do McMaster Carr when I need fasteners and have quite the collection of 500 lot bags of screws when I only needed a few.

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
            Wasn't referring to you man.
            I'm going to shut up. Getting off topic here.
            I'm sorry brother. You need to use quotes. I'm never sure if you're calling what I said stupid. Cause if you are, I have to call what you said stupid right back. That's how I work.

Originally posted by tic View Post
            I also do McMaster Carr when I need fasteners and have quite the collection of 500 lot bags of screws when I only needed a few.
            Hay man, they are like $1.69 for 100. Why not, ya know?
            Last edited by arsenic; 05-06-2016, 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yep, better than going to the hardware store, finding out they don't have an M3 cap screw anyway or if they do they want $1.69 for ONE.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                I have no response to this, I'm speechless.
                The ratchets get loose and fail after two or three uses. The handle/body might look like the same ones they made since the 70s, that actually weren't bad, but the ratchet mechanism itself is monkey metal BS. They are such a colossal disappointment that I just toss them. I've hurt my hand enough times from them failing in the middle of an R/R operation. I think Craftsman should be ashamed of themselves for ruining the brand name by making junk. But that's just me...It's your knuckles I guess...

Originally posted by tic View Post
                Yep, better than going to the hardware store, finding out they don't have an M3 cap screw anyway or if they do they want $1.69 for ONE.
                I haven't been able to find ANY hardware store (or big box) that even stocks M3 hardware AT ALL. They stop @ M4...and you are right - they totally ream you for one. "I can order it for you"...I can order it.

Comment

Working...
                X