X

My Yazukati build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
    Good part is I still havent spent one dime into the bike. I paid $500 for it, sold parts and invested that money back into the new parts so I am still at the original $500 I paid for it. That will all change soon though ahaha
    That's awesome...
    If you can get all that together and not break 1200 you'll be
    my hero..

Comment

The motor is going to be the bank breaker. I bet I can build the suspension and fairings for under 1k but I DEFINITELY wont have a motor in it for under 1200 total unless I got insanely lucky and find someone giving away a 98+ kat motor or a gsxr1100 engine
      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

There out there....I found a running 88 katana 1100 for $300. Had to drive 17hours round trip to get it, but it was worth it.

So when is this swap happening?

Comment

Well the parts should of been here like yesterday. The ebayer I bought them from hasnt replied to my messages in 3 days about how they were shipped and when to expect them.

On a up note (and down) I did get my R6 race tail in the mail. It has alot more damage to it than was disclosed so I am in the process of getting a refund of some cash or a complete refund.

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Got tired of the weather deciding when I will be able to work on the bike so while it was dry out I moved her into a new resting spot for now.

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

*cough*
              Kat 600 top tree
              *cough*

Are you going to get that tail to push forward more?
              It looks pretty long.. IMO

Comment

What about a kat 600 top tree?

The tail will go forward alot more than its sitting in the side shot outside.
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  *cough*
                  Kat 600 top tree
                  *cough*

Are you going to get that tail to push forward more?
                  It looks pretty long.. IMO
                  *cough*
                  USD FRONT END
                  *cough*

Comment

Im so lost LMAO......anyway, since labor day is monday (WOHOO -gag-) that is 1 more day my parts are stuck in limbo land and not on my bike....arrrrrrrrrrrrg
                    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

What about a kat 600 top tree?

The tail will go forward alot more than its sitting in the side shot outside.
                      IMO the 600 top tree is cleaner than the 750..
                      Plus the more parts you change around the more guesses it
                      takes people to figure out what it is..
                      Oh but you're swapping front ends anyway right?

Comment

Yah, im following in waltaris path and doing the gsxr/r1 front........although after talkin to bearkat it seems you can use the 91-95 750 steering stem in the 00-03 gsxr 1000 triple set and run that front....sounds like more work than I care to chance. Anyway yea soon as bearkat coughs up his triple set or I can actually find a set I will start on that as well. Im hoping to have a rolling frame by the end of the month
                        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Arg........Im ready to throw in the towel and I havent even started......which is why Im ready to quit haha.

So after........I dont even wanna count or know. Anyway I've been waiting on parts that were shipped......WRONG. Guy with the swingarm assures me it was all sent......guess what? Its STILL sitting on the floor of his shop but he promised I would have it by monday. This is getting rediculous.

Ok so now onto the rear wheel I bought.....which was shipped over a week ago.......WRONG!
                          Supposedly the guy mailed it out 1 week later than he said he did.......then it came back to him for some reason. No clue why....he said he had tracking confirmation of this so I asked to see it. I dunno what to do, Im so irritated with this whole mess already
                          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Arg........Im ready to throw in the towel and I havent even started......which is why Im ready to quit haha.

So after........I dont even wanna count or know. Anyway I've been waiting on parts that were shipped......WRONG. Guy with the swingarm assures me it was all sent......guess what? Its STILL sitting on the floor of his shop but he promised I would have it by monday. This is getting rediculous.

Ok so now onto the rear wheel I bought.....which was shipped over a week ago.......WRONG!
                            Supposedly the guy mailed it out 1 week later than he said he did.......then it came back to him for some reason. No clue why....he said he had tracking confirmation of this so I asked to see it. I dunno what to do, Im so irritated with this whole mess already
                            If it makes you feel any better, my 82 Katana 1100 chassis is still in frickin Arizona. The persn I'm buying it from is delivering it this weekend supposedly but I'm not holding my breath. If he's not here Saturday, I'm driving to AZ on sunday. Pisses me off as I have a pile of parts to put on the bike here as soon as I can get my hands on it. New rear shocks and swing, I made new motor mounts to fit my B12 motor, debating putting the 5 spoke marchesini rims I have laying out in the garage. Waiting is slowly killing me as well...it's like telling a kid christmas is tomorrow morning and then everyday for two weeks when he wakes up telling him it's the next morning. Try not to get too discouraged, they'll get there evntually...make sure to leave those guys proper feedback (asses)

Comment

I would leave negative feedback but im sure they would return the favor. The guy with the wheel said he is resending it today and will give me the tracking # through UPS. Well its 6pm his time now and still no tracking #......for the price of the parts its hard to complain but the length of time its taking to get them is killing me
                              Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                              X