No announcement yet.
X

My Yazukati build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a 03-04 ninja zx6rr aka 636 rear wheel.

BTW are the gsxr 1100 and gsxr 750 triple trees the same? I bought a 94 gsxr750 lower triple tree but I still need a upper. Will any 91-95 750 or 1100 top clamp work? Do you have a pic of what it looks like so I can cross reference the ones Im looking at?
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
      Its a 03-04 ninja zx6rr aka 636 rear wheel.

BTW are the gsxr 1100 and gsxr 750 triple trees the same? I bought a 94 gsxr750 lower triple tree but I still need a upper. Will any 91-95 750 or 1100 top clamp work? Do you have a pic of what it looks like so I can cross reference the ones Im looking at?
      Go after the guy hard...clearly states and shows in the photo that the cush and sprocket are included. You due indeed have grounds to file complaints with ebay and paypal and to either get the situation remedied or get a partial refund...I wouldn't let it go!

Yeah, anything from 91-95 should have the same spacing, as I recall the only difference between the 750 and the 1100 was that the 1100 had a slightly longer frok length.

Comment

Im going to have to edit this whole thread down lol.

I filed a complaint with paypal. Lets see if he replies or not.......10 days and if no reply then i get all my money back and i get to keep the rim

Talked to the guy with the swingarm and its being sent out UPS 3-5 day tomorrow. So I guess next week I will get to start that......

Made another edition to my ebay purchases, got a nice new c/f exhaust

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Hey... check out the feedback for the rim guy. Click on the different tabs to seperate buyers from sellers. All the parts he has sold, he bought from someone else on E-bay.

Seems strange to me.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

FIIINALLLYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figuring out how to mount the shock might be slightly tricky but will be alot easier once I cut the lower subframe rails...

Just a little info for someone wanting to do this, there is NOWAY you can use the swingarm without losing or relocating the lower subframe rails. It hits on the rearset (footpeg) mounting points.
            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Would it clear if you had no rear footpegs? I don't have rear footpegs any and have been watching this thread for a bit considering the next step on my bike.
              http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Eh.......I just looked again and the swingarm will hit the lower subframe rails. They either have to be moved upward or completely taken off and find another way to support the tail end.

Ill post pics of why later
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Great work so far..
                  Do be careful in your new subframe design..
                  You don't want Waltari and I flaming you!!

Comment

well my idea for the subframe is this.....borrow Waltaris idea of running the supports off the tank brace, then for the lower use a metal slug welded inside the stock upper subframe support, bend a tube to the shape/length it needs to meet up with the new subframe mounting points and slide it over the other end of the metal slug and then weld it so that its a nice solid connection. See any problems with that idea?
                    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Ok here are a couple pics of the spots the swingarm hits on the stock lower subframe rails and why you cannot use it without modifying them:

The hugger will not even fit inbetween the stock rails and this bolt mount hole hits on the chain carrier:

This piece hits on the right side:

View from the back of the right problem spot:

And here is the bike with the subframe chopped:

I have a feeling im going to try to edit this into one big first post and have this thread deleted since there isnt much useful info in it.
                      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Using the shock mount is a good idea.
                        It is a good solid point and allows enough triangulation.

Even better would be to come from the shock mount
                        up above the subrails that are left (crossing over)
                        then under the seat. It will give you better seat support
                        and you might not have to rely on the tank bracket.

Comment

I think you misread.....not shock mount, the stock upper subframe rail. cut it back to almost the weld point where it comes off the frame, weld a solid metal slug in there, then slide the new shaped rail over it and weld it in place
                          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Woohooo, got my R1 forks and rim
                            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                              Woohooo, got my R1 forks and rim
                              and axle

Comment

Waltari did you get my PM about my subframe mount idea? What is your opinion on it?
                                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                                X