Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki says goodbye to the Legend that is, The Katana !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine a few months ago. i was looking for a bike to ride back and forth to work. This bike is so versital. The really catch your eye when you see them. I will have mine for as long as i can. I will be here bugging you guys even longer.
    http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
    bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

I can still get parts easily for my 83 maxim from my local dealer, and Ive seen them on ebay too. Dont worry about getting parts for your Kat for the forseeable future when you need them. Between your dealer, ebay, katriders, and the net in general you shouldnt have too many issues keeping your kat in good running condition for a long time to come.

Comment

to a great bike!!

West of Germany
        greetz Carsten

Comment

Well that's no good! Glad I have mine though! Sayonara Katana-san.

Comment

So it's the end of the Suzuki sport tourer.
            Wouldn't bet on it... They have a six cylinder engine sitting there and nothing but a poopy looking concept bike to stick it in. How much you want to bet there's a six cyl sport tourer in the works?

My current ride of choice

Comment

Originally posted by fordfurious
              im glad i already got my 06
              lol yah me too! haha we got the last of the kats.

Comment

Hopefully they bring the GSR to north american shores. I love that bike, and would probably buy one if they ever came here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                  Wouldn't bet on it... They have a six cylinder engine sitting there and nothing but a poopy looking concept bike to stick it in. How much you want to bet there's a six cyl sport tourer in the works?

It's called a BURGMAN

Comment

Please God, don't let them put that 6 cylinder in the new Katana!!!!!

A 1200cc liquid cooled engine would be perfect for the next Katana. That six cylinder is too much and I wouldn't trust it for the first few years anyway. They always have teething problems when they try something like that.

I wanna see a 2008/2009 GSX1200ST Katana with optional luggage, heated grips, etc.

Kinda like the Triumph Sprint or Kawasaki ZZR1200.
                    2005 Aprilia RST1000
                    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                    1998 Chevy Tahoe
                    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

It's called a BURGMAN
                      Speaking of Beau ??

Comment

I'm thinking that engine is far more likely to show up in the Busa, but only time will tell...

Originally posted by KansasKat
                        Please God, don't let them put that 6 cylinder in the new Katana!!!!!

A 1200cc liquid cooled engine would be perfect for the next Katana.
                        The 6-cylinder is only 1100cc's and as narrow as a Bandit 1200 (& a few mm narrower than the Busa motor is now).

Originally posted by KansasKat
                        That six cylinder is too much and I wouldn't trust it for the first few years anyway. They always have teething problems when they try something like that.
                        Suzuki has a good track record of not having serious teething problems, but you are correct, any new platform always has it's quirks to be ironed out. Good point.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

dunno poet... For some reason I just don't see the busa getting that. I'd put my money on the busa getting bored to 1397 (that's a nice standard number for people wanting to boost busa power already) and that's about it. Maybe a few tiny cosmetic changes.

I don't think they are going to do anything radical to the busa. It'll still kill the 14 on the upper end of the spectrum on the drag strip cuz the 14 can only go 1500cc according to muzzy... The busa can go 1650+. So... what do they have to do to boost it's power to beat the 14 stock for stock? Bore the engine it's already got.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Next Generation Katana R:

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Gixxer paint scheme, shorty pipe, USD forks. Niiiiiiice

Comment

Needs a solo cowl !

Comment

Working...
                                X