No announcement yet.
X

GPS Mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly I would like to know as well. How is that mounted and exactly to where?
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

It is a steel plate bent into 3 parts.
      Is fastened by the lower bolt of the windscreen.
      When I remove the fairing to do some maintenance, I'll take more pictures.

Basically, it's something like this:

Then, I adhered the adhesive disc of my Garmin.

Comment

Very nice...

Now here are some more questions...

Did that plate come like that or was it specially fabricated?
        sigpic

Comment

I made it with ​​sheet steel that I left over from the manufacture of my panniers:

Comment

very cool.
            sigpic

Comment

i actually use my gps as the only gauge on my bike. im gona buy one of those nice tach spedo combos one day. but i got a gps mount from walmart.com is waterproof you can touch thru it for easy changes and it zips open easy with gloves. seals up tight too never had leakage issues in rain.

Comment

I prefer my waterproof gps over putting trust in a product from walmart made by the lowest chinese bidder.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

i concour

Comment

I do what landofsong dose i use my car mount on the tach with a safety teather, works well just clean tach glass and sucktion cup, and ride on decent road.

Comment

Has any one tried using the suction cup mount on either their windshield or the plastic part of the dash?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                        Has any one tried using the suction cup mount on either their windshield or the plastic part of the dash?
                        I've stuck it to my speedo before and it held fine, but that makes me nervous. I ended up using the little metal braket mounting to the center of the dash righ behind the screen. It's a little shaky, so I think I need to back it up with some other support.

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                          i use this method. however yesterday i had problems with it shaking loose several times. the roads were rather rough.
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I'm using a diamond Ram mount in between the fuel and tach <@> for my garmin Etrex works perfect $63 for everything I'll try to post pics later. I put some nylon insert lock nuts on the back with larger washers put 600kms and the dash is still in one piece.

Comment

I'm not sure why everything with "RAM" is so very expensive.

What I have on the Sprint is from http://www.telferizer.com/

His website is merely representative, but he can make a mount that replaces any bolt on the bike with a RAM mount on the end of it. I highly recommend them, even if they are pricy.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                                I'm not sure why everything with "RAM" is so very expensive.
                                Exactly, everything is really pricey.

I really like the positioning of boxin's method or even suction mounting it somewhere on the dash.

I quickly glanced at your recommendation Steve and so far seems to be really cool. One of the pics appears to have a mounting ball in the fork/triple tree nut which would be cool.

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                                i use this method. however yesterday i had problems with it shaking loose several times. the roads were rather rough.
                                That's my main concern. But I think it looks nice and streamlined.
                                Last edited by professa_riddler; 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X