X

thanks to the poet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks to the poet

just want everyone to know that the cyberpoet is a true gentleman. Helped me out of a tire jam, and those anchors looked wicked awsome.
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

+1
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Awesome to hear. Big up to Marc for keeping a fellow rider on the road!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

For those clueless, I found out Erok was riding on a shot front tire and a 180-section rear on his Kat. I told him he could have my current tires (about 50-60% life left on the front and 80% or so on the rear) for free if he got my replacement Z6 tires swapped onto the wheels at his expense. He ended up taking me up on the front tire, because he already had a rear tire on order...

Ride safe, Erok -- remember, you have a daughter you have to be there for!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Last edited by The CyberPoet; 08-21-2008, 08:47 PM.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wow......what a great community. Kudos Poet.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            Ride safe, Erok -- remember, you have a daughter you have to be there for!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            I think I'll post a thread about this........
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

you missed her when i stopped by, sound asleep in truck with greatful dead playing. What a great little girl. Trust me, I'm no squid, and i want to bring this bike back to the condition it deserves to be in.
              May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind always be at your back.
              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
              And until we meet again,
              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
              RIP Marc

Comment

i'm debating dropping cash into my 92' Kat or wondering if it'd be more worthwhile to buy something a little newer and enhance that.

Comment

Originally posted by kat6hundo View Post
                  i'm debating dropping cash into my 92' Kat or wondering if it'd be more worthwhile to buy something a little newer and enhance that.
                  A lot of factors in that decision:
                  (A) How good a shape is your '92 in and how good a shape is acceptible to you;
                  (B) How much of the work are you willing to do yourself;
                  (C) How deep are your pockets;
                  (D) How attached are you to this particular bike or attached to this particular bike model/generation?

In other words, if it needs lots of work [bearings, fork seals, chain, sprockets, tires, bodywork, engine work, paint, shock, repair the exhaust, etc.] and you don't do the work yourself for the love of the bike or the love of doing the work, it'll be too expensive to be worthwhile unless you absolutely love this particular one -- you'd never get your $$ back out of it.

If it only needs a little work and you can do most of it yourself, or if you are in no rush but financially limited (can do a little a time as funds permit), then it can be worthwhile.

Of course there is always a benefit from owning a brand new bike with zero problems -- but there is a really heavy penalty too (instant depreciation, financial costs for having the newest). That balance is something everyone has to figure out for themselves.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X