X

check this out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check this out

Okay, so I got this set of pre 750 carbs that I was going to use for parts. I was like "it only has 1 bad carb, if I just replace that, I can make a whole set." So I did just that. Problem was, I couldn't find a good #1 body. So I improvised. I bought a damaged #2 pre 750 carb from Kreylyn. I fixed the damage, the brass choke enrichment tube. Blasted it, and made it a number #1 carb. Oh, it was a cali carb also. I've fixed the brass tube a lot, I do that all the time. I've also made CA carbs not CA carbs a lot. I do that all the time. But I've never made a different # carb be another # carb before. So here's some photos:
    BEFORE (this is how I got it, yesterday):

AFTER (this is how it sits right now):

Very nice brother. You happen to have an extra choke enrichment tube i could get from you? I've got one held together with tape and jb weld atm.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

No, actually I don't I just bought a set of parts carbs today, but like I said, I use those a lot.

Comment

Lol true, I wish they sold them seperately. Mine works for now, just looks like shat lol.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

ahh... you got rid of all the shiny blue paint splatters...

Nice work, nice looking carb now!

Krey

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          Lol true, I wish they sold them seperately. Mine works for now, just looks like shat lol.

I have a broken carb body with a good tube attatched. No clue how to get it out without damageing it.

Chris?... Any suggestions?

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-18-2011, 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering what that blue crap was.
            I just pry one end straight out with a flat head screw driver, and pull the other end out with a pair of pliers. You gotta be REAL careful though. It's a 50/50 shot. They break half the time.
            Last edited by arsenic; 05-18-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

If you are able to do it Krey I would be very grateful.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                If you are able to do it Krey I would be very grateful.
                I already tried that method and neither end was coming out without damaging it...

I'll see if I can look into it more some other way.

There is an alternative though....

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If the carb body is shot, have at it with a Dremel.

Comment

Cool site. Great to see brothers helping brothers.
                    Last edited by Slofuze; 05-18-2011, 08:08 PM.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      If the carb body is shot, have at it with a Dremel.

You have a point. I've been thinking of doing a "cut away" with them anyways for pics of the passages that dont' get cleaned with just a "spray" clean...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Nicely done
                        1999 600 Katana
                        sigpic

Comment

It's actually really hard for me to get "parts sets". I always just fix everything and make complete sets. See what I mean when I say "anything can be fixed"? Two exceptions to that rule. If the A/F screw housing is stripped. No one makes an M6x.5 insert and I don't have machine tools to make them, but Dave (Sin) does. So, I'm sure if I had to I could get some 1/4-20 aluminum screws and make M6x.5 inserts and just tap the A/F screw housing on the carb body with a 1/4-20 tap. And second that brass tube leading to the sync port haven't figured out how to fix that. Oh and if the carburetor body is broken, but I always just replace the broken body.

Comment

Here it is. That body is carb #1 in that set. This set was supposed to be a parts set. Yeah, I used the parts alright. It's got brand new pilot jets in it. Dynojet needles and every DJ main in the 89-97 Katana 750 stage 1 & 3 kit are on the way.

Comment

Arsenic, I'm always amazed at your craftmanship and Attention to detail. +1
                              Last edited by flash007; 05-24-2011, 03:44 AM. Reason: spelling
                              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X