X

My bike was stolen...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike was stolen...

Right out of my driveway! My wife and I had gone to a high school football game, and when we got back it was gone.

I live way out in the country where we have never had to worry about things like this. I've always kept the steering locked, but that's it. Apparently that wasn't enough for these guys.. They either drug it into a trailer/truck, or forced the ignition with a screwdriver or something.

What really has me banging my head on the wall is that I had no insurance on the bike, and of course my homeowner's won't cover it. The good thing, though, is that it was paid for.

Reports have been filed with the police, etc..but I'm not optimistic. The only way it'll show up is if someone is dumb enough to try to register it, trade it or wreck it.

So anyway...My uncle owns a shop and is helping me out with a new '06 Katana..he had it left over in the shop where no one had bought it. So I had a couple of questions for the experts here...

1: Any significant differences between the '03 and '06 600's? The body style is all the same I know, but I didn't know if there were any mechanical differences or anything.

2: Where is the best place to get insurance? I'm thinking of Geico, but I've never dealt with them...

Thanks!
    Keep the rubber side down!

Same bike.

The 03's had nicer paint schemes....IMO.

Comment

Agreed..I liked the blue/black.

Comment

Originally posted by JDS
        Agreed..I liked the blue/black.
        You won't find a better colour on the Kat.

Good luck with the 06. Go to Home Depot and buy a big chain!

Comment

Progressive did me a good deal for full coverage on my Kat. Alot of people around here use them as well.
          Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

that sucks. like you said at least it was paid for.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Sorry to hear that!!
              You know you might have luck getting it back..
              Several KR members have recovered theirs (right??).

My theft is not expensive (through Farmers) like $30/year? Please go for it next time..

Comment

same bike, different paint.

I pay roughly $64 every 6 months for Geico (not full coverage)
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Oh and I used Progressive for my Subaru..
                  I like the web site and the options etc..
                  The price was much cheaper than Geico. (15%)
                  And the options for coverage better.
                  I haven't had a claim though..
                  I will say that after having an accedent where the other party had Geico they (Geico) called me with in the hour of leaving the scene. I told them I had no damage to the car but they practically begged me to take it to be checked out. That was a shock.

Comment

Nice..I just did an online quote for Geico, and 'The application does not meet their general guidelines.' I might try again over the phone... I'll be checking out Progressive as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JDS
                      Nice..I just did an online quote for Geico, and 'The application does not meet their general guidelines.'
                      What the hell does that mean??

Comment

You got me...

The application does not meet our general guidelines. We have underwriting guidelines that are used to determine eligibility for coverage. While our guidelines remain confidential, the decision we made was solely based on information provided in your application.
                        I always knew I didn't like that green lizard.

On the other hand, Progressive looks to be very affordable.

Comment

Who is your car insurance through? I have state farm and they only go by the CC's of the bike. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Don't you have a garage to put the bike in
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Well....If you're Canadian, and had an '03
                            ('specially the blue/black ones...) you probably have homosexual tendencies, and a weakness for guys named Range...

Sorry about your bike dude...

Comment

Try an outfit called ElectricInsurance ( www.electricinsurance.com ). They won't quote a bike over the net, but the site will give you an 800 number. These guys came in 28% lower than anyone else on my car insurance (way lower than Geico), and on payouts they always paid me top dollar without any whining (but did drop me as soon as they could after the GF totalled the car again). Electric is a former GE insurance for their employees that went public.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X