Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just had my New Katana delivered, now make it STOP SNOWING.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had my New Katana delivered, now make it STOP SNOWING.

Hi everyone,

This is an AMAZING KATANA site!

I just purchased my brand spankin new 06' Black Kat 750 with 0 miles. I guess I have the first road test. I can't wait to break it in. Having never done that before it should be fun. 15 years ago I had a used and abused 87' Honda Interceptor 500 while living in California thanks to the Air Force. Plenty of sun and surf fer shur. Back at home in the Steel City I can't get that lucky with the weather. I did get it in to a parking lot once last week when it warmed up to 40 F, to get used to the clutch. Do all new clutches have this small of a friction zone. Must be hair thin. Also I am having a difficult time shifting to Neutral. Just goes 1st-2nd-1st. Really hard to half shift for some reason. Does it just need broken in or adjusted? Unsure because this is my first New bike.
    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

welcome to kr! you should adjust the clutch cable at the lever and that should help with your friction zone. to help you get it into neutral until you get used to the way your bike is, rock it forward or back an inch or so. as for the weather...MOVE!

Long Live the D

Comment

Thanks paradoxmd. I'll try both of those.
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the new ride.

Steve

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders JaxKat.
          Congrats on your new Kat.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

welcome to KR!
            Nice BLACKKAT!!!! 8)
            West of Germany
            greetz Carsten

Comment

Congrats on your purchase! You will no doubt enjoy it greatly. Oh yeah...welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!!
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome!!!!
                  The cold weather can make it hard to shift. Once the bike is warmed up it usually shifts fine.
                  2005 Aprilia RST1000
                  2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                  1998 Chevy Tahoe
                  www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Love the kat you got. I'm paritial to black myself Welcome to KR. US Army man here. Enjoy the bike

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jax
                      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome aboard...

Comment

Welcome JaxKat! Very nnnnice bike, weather's gotta smarten up soon...hang in there!

Comment

One question Jax, who appears in your profile pic?
                              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
                              X