New rider on a 1995 gsxf600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider on a 1995 gsxf600f

Hi everyone
    I'm new to the forum , I'm 40 and live in the uk ,recently passed the direct access for motorcycles. When I was younger I had a Suzuki gs125 on L plates then I had kids which meant bye bye to motorbike !😢 But now kids are older I decided to get it back!

I bought my Kat for Ž£400 with a few bits missing as it looked like some one used it as a donor bike , anyway I stripped it down and powder coated the frame , repaired the wiring loom In a couple of places ,rebuilt the front brake calipers ,repaired and resprayed the fairings ,pulled a dent out of the fuel tank and resprayed it , overhauled the shocks , got the engine running and found an oil leak on one of the oil return pipes so had to overhaul the top end , I then found a crack in one of the cylinders so got a second hand one from a bandit decoked the head and fitted new piston rings .
    Put everything back together , idle was bad so pulled the carbs and used carbs 101 to clean them lots or crap in the carbs rebuilt and balanced them .

Now runs sweet
    Last edited by M1ky; 03-26-2016, 08:35 AM.

Welcome to katriders.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you know your way around a wrench, congrats on fixing her up.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Working...
        X