X

New owner of a GSX600FN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner of a GSX600FN

Well I just finished signing the paper work for the Katana. $316 otd. I'm really excited for this adventure. I've always wanted a project to work on. I'm only 19 and I know the 600s are powerful bikes but I couldn't pass the deal up. Are parts hard to find for the early katanas? That is my biggest concern.

Hey stranger! Nah.. Parts arent too hard to find. Ebay will be your friend. For some parts, specific bolts o rings, other rubber parts you can check out bikebandit.com
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
      Hey stranger! Nah.. Parts arent too hard to find. Ebay will be your friend. For some parts, specific bolts o rings, other rubber parts you can check out bikebandit.com
      Hiya! Right now, I'm under the assumption that it doesn't even crank so we will see

edit: Also, are most parts interchangeable between Katanas and Gixxers of different years? Just trying to get a feel for it all.

Comment

No not really. It just depends tho.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Most parts are not difficult to find, both used & new.

Comment

Welcome, no GIXXER parts aren't interchangeable but, entire front forks, the entire engine (air cooled of course) are. Other parts can be made to fit, like the rear suspension. Body panels... Nope
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X