X

Should I upgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I upgrade?

I'm thinking of upgrading my bike to a 2016 Yamaha FZ-09,I'd get a 2015 FZ-09 but it's not available in the color I want only Silver or only Black. I'll give my Katana as a trade in. I'll be able to afford to finance it since I got hired at the new Amazon fulfillment center in Kenosha. Should I wait,or get the 2015 and have it painted blue?

That's your choice.... No body can answer that.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1

But my 2 cents ...

Re-painting a brand new bike will cost heaps to do it right and will depreciate the bike immediately - ie - you'll pay more to lose more.

On-going costs (servicing, insurance, repairs etc.) are likely to be higher.

And sound financial advice suggests you never borrow money to buy a depreciating asset - ie - it's a double whammy to effectively pay interest to lose interest.

But, at the end of the day, it's your money and it's your decision.

Comment

I agree, painting over a brand new paint job doesn.t make economical sense. If you just have to have the other color, then wait for it.
        2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
        2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
        1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
        1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
        1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Instead of a trade in, perhaps consider selling the Kat privately, and using the proceeds as your down payment. I've been taught that trading in a vehicle is nearly equivalent to just giving it to the dealer. Go in there with a few thousand in cash instead of a bike, and you can likely end up with a better deal in the long run. Nothing guaranteed, just something to think about.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
          X