New from Ohio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Ohio

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 99 katana 600. The bike was wrecked, all plastics besides the back end are gone, the headlights are gone, the speedo and cluster is missing. It has some crappy after market headlight. Spray painted tank, etc. Pretty much a giant pos

Anyway I picked it up for spare change and the motor runs like a champ. The main problem outside of the horribly nasty cosmetics that I will address later, is the fact that the bike will not come out of gear (won't shift) so I will have to address and research that (a main reason for joining here).

I plan on making the bike into a street fighter with thoughts of making the bike into a custom (street fighter type/sport bike type) hybrid. I have seen a few made this way and it looks cool.

Anyway I will take pictures and track my progress and post it all up for people to see because thats always fun.

I will be looking into common issues with the bike but feel free the chime in on advice on things to look out for

Thank you guys,
    Joey
    Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Welcome to katriders
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your rebuild. Was the bike wrecked on the gear shift lever side? The shaft could be bent.
      2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
      2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
      1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
      1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
      1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Welcome
        2000 Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
          Welcome to the forum and good luck with your rebuild. Was the bike wrecked on the gear shift lever side? The shaft could be bent.
          Thanks for the heads up, I pulled the sprocket cover and the shaft was fine so I pulled the clutch plate cover and noticed all the plates were moving when I pulled the lever so I sprayed them down with carb cleaner and boom they loosened up

Still wouldn't pop out of gear but it's a start. I have to adjust the rear wheel to try and roll it because it's super loose(chain slack)
          Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Welcome to KR, good luck.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome . do you have any pics?

Comment

Welcome to KR! and good luck!
                      Bill
                      1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you guys, I am going to be making a custom kat hopefully that no one will believe

Free Parts

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Working...
                          X