X

Hello All

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hi. Im Sumner. Just picked up an 01 600 with 11k on the clock. Looking to do a street fighter style bike. Already used this forum and found I can convert to the busa style rear fairings and light so those are ordered along with a single round headlight. Only problem Im having is after the bike has been running it has an idle of around 3k. Could it be a vacuum leak? Tank looks clean. Maybe run some cleaner through the next tank of gas. Also. Anyone use those ebay speedometer and tach combos? or should I just pay the money for a koso unit?

Welcome to katriders. 3k RPM idle is indicative of a vacuum leak. Spray around the carb boots where they are screwed down to the head with a flammable solvent, RPMs will change at the leak point. Go with the KOSO unit..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

thanks.. already catching flak from some of my buddies cause of my bike purchase. it was this or a bandit for 300 more.

Comment

I would of bought the bandit since your striping it anyway.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

this had less miles than the bandit and was about an hour closer and a year newer. Also my first bike in all but a decade( came from racing motocross and riding an r1). Just wanted something cheap,reliable and easy to get my bearings back with. Got all my parts ordered and got the high idle fixed. It was a sticky choke. Also bled the brakes a little to firm them up.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR, sounds like you know your way around bikes/wrenches. Good call on a reliable bike, a little TLC and they just keep on running.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                2000 Kat 600

Comment

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your rebuild. We love pics too!
                  2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                  2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                  1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                  1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I went to school at YTI for motorcycle mechanics and was lead mechanic in a harley/ural shop doing a lot of sidecar and trike work for a few years. Also have an 86 nissan mini truck project going. Ill take a few pics as soon as I can stop riding it! Put a little over 100 miles on it the first day.

Comment

Working...
                    X