X

new rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rider

Just got my 06 katana 600 .I've ridden here and there but never owned.so far I love my bike but don't know to much about Kat I know there heavier and some gsxr say it's not a sports bike didn't do my homework before buy was kinda of last minute bike runs good only 3100 miles I've taking riding courses now I just wanna learn more about the up keep to keep it going thanks in advance

Welcome to KR. The Kat is more of a Sports Touring bike. It's good for all around riding and more comfortable for sure.

Comment

My 2000 Kat has been an absolute dream to learn on. Last year was my first year on it and i find it extremely forgiving in terms of handling and control and won't throw you off the back if you get in the throttle too hard. My only complaint on them is the lack of aftermarket love and 0-60 leaves a want for something more.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome. It is a sport turning bike. It doesn't even come close to a gixxer but, the bike is capable of more than most riders will ride it. Much easier on the body. Upgrade the suspension and it will handle much better.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-16-2015, 10:44 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. You will find you have chosen a good bike to develop your skills and enjoy riding. And KatRiders is a great info site and group of riders. Good choices.

Comment

Working...
            X