X

My work in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My work in progress

well this is my kat, I bought it for $500 last year with only 7k miles, it didn't run , was put down very hard and had a tree fall on it haha I have to hand it to these bikes, they are freaking tanks. I spent a lot of time working on it last season and didn't get a whole lot of time to ride it (sat for 3 years, lots of kinks to work out) but now its just some finishing touches and shes ready to go, but i thought id see what you all thought of it, so here you go haha
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TrimTheFat71; 02-06-2015, 03:39 AM.

Welcome. That sure is a one of a kind.

Comment

I really like the way you trimmed down the fairings.
      The paint scheme you have going on isn’t my cup of tea, but hey it isn’t my bike.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

i really wanted a triumph speed triple but i couldnt afford one at the time so i figured id build my own haha and the paint work looks a lot better in person, the white has a lot more going on than the pictures show but yeah i wanted to make it stand out and be pretty obnoxious haha, thanks for being mean though haha

Comment

i actually like the paint! reminds me of a friends tattoo sleeve! very unique

Comment

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

The paint is not really to my taste, but it certainly is unique. Makes the bike truly yours. Not everyone needs to be a carbon copy. (Just be warned that your bikes resale value just dropped dramatically.)

Comment

Don't know I like the paint I have always liked blue....... Oops I mean blue yuck fancy nice paint excellentttttt
                And ya I actually do like your paint looks like a load of work went into it you will get lots of attention.
                Cheers

Comment

Thanks everyone, I wasn't really concerned about resale, I bought it so cheap, I figured riding it till it blows was the best option haha, these bikes are so cheap to maintain I feel it would be pointless to get rid of it and it would kill me if I seen someone else riding it haha I have a lot of time in it not only in cosmetics but in how it rides, I set it for me and my riding style... Its kinda my baby at this point haha its a pooch compared to the other two bikes I had butim hoping it will make up for it by turning heads, not just another bike at another stop light haha.

Comment

Welcome!
                    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                    X