X

Hey guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys!

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself as I bought my 06' Katana with 26,xxx miles yesterday. Forums seem very nice and since I'm 22 and eager to learn looked like the perfect site. I got the bike for under 2k (a lot for a college student haha), but will definitely need some tlc. I think the fellow I got it from ran it hard sadly so I'd like to really do a cheap spa treatment on it if you could recommend a list of not to difficult chores to start on. Also the plastics are a little rough but not totally wrecked so I'd like to paint them to save on budget. However, I am missing the whole faring for the front wheel. I'd like to avoid have to buy a $250+ kit just for that piece if you know a place. Look forward to talking with you guys! Hailing from Missouri, MyMetal600.

Welcome!! I too just recently joined and bought a new to me Kat!! So far this place is great!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome, best site for kats

Comment

Welcome ! Ebay (worldwide, not just the US) will be your friend for parts.
          How about posting some pics of your new ride ? we CRAVE pics on KR
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Welcome to KR
            1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Welcome!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to the board

Comment

welcome to kr! you should be able to find a front fender for a decent price on ebay. as for thing you could do, its always good to get new plugs, and do an oil change. check your chain adjustment for the correct slack, and check your brake fluid in both the front and rear master cylunder resevoirs. go to the wiki and download a copy of your manual for free! then you can look through the maintenance section and educate yourself on common routine maintenance habits.

some moe pricey things that are equally, if not more important would be to check the tires, check/ replace the chain and sprockets. (they should all be replaced together) , and check the valves. if its been ragged on you're definitely gunna want to check the valves. that's not pricey to do but it takes a little time the first time.
                  Last edited by maniac1886; 07-11-2014, 01:30 PM.
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome to kr

Comment

Welcome from the Midwest!
                      1991 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                      X