X

kick stand trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick stand trouble

Hello I am a new member. I just got a 2001 Katana 600 and it is awsome. But I have a question....when the kick stand is down and if I lean the bike just a hair forward the stand will close and the bike will fall. Is there a way to adjust the stand more forward?

park in gear. probably need new springs, mine did. got them from my dealer but are available online.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

The kickstand is not meant to prevent the bike from moving. Park it in gear, always. If you leave it on the side stand not in gear, make sure it's a flat surface, and be aware that if you move it forward the kickstand is designed to collapse up.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1 park in gear and lock the handlebars - makes it harder to fall over, and harder to steal. Welcome to KR!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome and new springs do help

Comment

Welcome to KR. What they said.

Comment

Welcome. Looks like the good folks here got it all covered.

Comment

Welcome, you could always pop it on the center stand, that'll stop it falling over

Comment

If you're parked on a slope always point the bike uphill. That way if the bike rolls at all (although you should have parked it in gear to prevent that) it will roll back and the side-stand won't fold up on you.

Also, check the pivot bolt. If your side-stand is moving really easily it may be because the bolt is loose.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

this may be helpful http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134844ul
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                      X