Welcome from Bonnie Scotland...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome from Bonnie Scotland...

Hi Everyone,

Just bought my first Suzuki GSX600f yesterday. She is a 2000 plate in Black and so far so good

1 have a dew quickies that I hope some kind people can help me with...

1. The speedo is in KPH rather than MPH - is this unusual, particularly as the bike is UK registered ?
    2. What are the 1-4 settings on the front brake lever?
    3. What are the 2 flat head screw settings on each side of the handle bar for?
    4. What approximate range will I get to a tank before reserve? Does a reserve light come on to give you notice to switch to reserve? Sorry don't have service manual to check.
    5. From cold she turns strongly but usually takes 3 seconds to fire up - unlike when hot and it is usually instant - usually overnight or after a few hours there is the 3 seconds - is this normal?
    6. Are there any issues that I need to look for now or be made aware of?
    7. Sorry for the silly question but I presume Katana and GSX00F are the same bikes?

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DelBhoy40; 06-15-2014, 09:33 AM.

Originally posted by DelBhoy40 View Post
    1. The speedo is in KPH rather than MPH - is this unusual, particularly as the bike is UK registered ?
    2. What are the 1-4 settings on the front brake lever?
    3. What are the 2 flat head screw settings on each side of the handle bar for?
    4. What approximate range will I get to a tank before reserve? Does a reserve light come on to give you notice to switch to reserve? Sorry don't have service manual to check.
    5. From cold she turns strongly but usually takes 3 seconds to fire up - unlike when hot and it is usually instant - usually overnight or after a few hours there is the 3 seconds - is this normal?
    6. Are there any issues that I need to look for now or be made aware of?
    7. Sorry for the silly question but I presume Katana and GSX00F are the same bikes?

1. Not unusual if the bike is made for a country that normally uses KPH as the standard.

2. Adjusts how far out the lever sits. Smaller hands/larger hands. You can adjust it to what is more comfortable for you.

3. pretty vague, but I'm assuming your asking about the damping adjustment on the fork tops. Those allow you harden/soften the damping some as part of the suspension setup.

4. avg is 40 miles per gallon. Avg amount of fuel before needing to switch to reserve is probably 3-3.4 gallons. The tank will be 4.8 or more like 5.2 gallons total (smaller is US CA equipped tanks). No light or anything, the bike will just start to sputter/run out of gas until you manually switch it over to reserve.

5. yes, normal.

6. Nothing abnormal to up front warn about with the post kats. Read the boards, do the normal maintenance checks, so on...

7. Yes, GSX***F bikes are labeled Katana up until 2006 in the U.S.
    They dropped the moniker after that for the GSX650F bikes.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i was getting 48mpg on my 600...ill try again though...

and welcome...from across the sea

Comment

Welcome aboard from another fellow Scot

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and for the helpful advice

Comment

Welcome to Katriders

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to kat riders have a great time

Comment

Welcome to KR...

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

welcome aboard..
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                      X