X

New Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Hey all. I'm new to riding. My first bike is an '02 Katana 750, just over 3K miles. Lovin it so far. All the snow here in D.C. has kept me off it for a while though. I'm really looking forward to 60 degree weather this week. I'm hoping to get lost on some backroads somewhere for a few hours.

I've already had to do my first bit of maintenance on it by myself. I put some oil in it and lubed up the choke linkages. It was kind of fun undressing her and taking all the plastic off. But it was definitely a pain putting it all back on! But she really purrs now, even in the cold weather. The choke had been giving me problems. Idle would creep to 3K or 3500 RPMs. The choke wouldn't close up all the way when moving the lever up. It was always staying stuck "slightly" open.

- Matt

Before...

After...
    Last edited by fuzzman442; 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM. Reason: Tryin to make image links work and language.

Wow nice find! Hope the snow melts off for you - be careful of salt/sand on ten road though.
    If your bike is living outside like that, might want to lube your chain before riding - rain/snow may have "cleaned" it for you. Mine lives outside covered too, and sometimes it's fine after a storm and sometimes not.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Working...
      X