Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

02' GSX600F K2 (suited in 90' gsx750 Modified Frame)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02' GSX600F K2 (suited in 90' gsx750 Modified Frame)

Hello everyone, yupp another rookie here for your hazing haha.

I'm Steve, "Vo" seems to be the name that's used more. Come from a family that pretty much frowns upon motorcycles so needless to say, my experience and exposure was limited growing up. Soon to be thirty years old, and father to a beautiful daughter. Workaholic as of lately, recent occupation has limited my ability to work on my BobKat. I like custom or personal touches to things. Simple to extreme I'm a fan of them all, and never fail to be amazed at how creative someone else is. If it drives or can be fabricated within my abilities I always try to ride/make then ride it.

I'm a happy owner of "Racheal" my 02' GSX600F K2 sittin in a [90' GSX750 Modified Frame]
    Purchased at family price from a cousin it was not in working condition. Had in storage for three years due to never having a day off or was on previous projects. Was stock when I got it with all the fancy "ugly" fairings. Since then. . . I've been doing what I can to make it something I would want to ride. Will try to post all my pics along the way, some ideas have since been scrapped and were throw away attempts at a concept I drew. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Like I said I'm a rookie but would love to keep up with the pro's in time. Thank you all for your photos and advice I've seen so far feel very blessed to have found this group of Katana riders. I look forward to finishing Racheal soon and once again be able to enjoy that saddle seat view.

*Vo
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR...

Advice?... I'd suggest you remove the entire lower support area and clean up the main frame by welding a patch back on it to cover the holes. Add steel mounting points back to that are to replace the ones you cut off for the pegs. Find some good looking adjustable rear sets to mount back in place.

This really cleans up and gives you the look you want, adds a lot of versatility to your peg setup, and allows you to not worry about swingarm clearance if you decide to swap another arm in for larger wheel setups.

Be sure to add a support bracket back to the seat area. Just shorter does not make it sufficient.

If you plan to run pods instead of the stock air box, be prepared for some major tuning work to get the bike to run worth a flip. Pods are generally not recommended.

If your going all out fighter, don't skimp on the clean up of the frame. OEM frame is ugly... clean up/hide those welds and put a good paint job on it.

Oh, and welcome to KR.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thank you Krey will look into that. ? Question are the rear pegs really needed ? Noob question I'm sure but Don't see the need I don't plan on riding it fast, not a speed freak just like the road trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelm220Family View Post
          thank you Krey will look into that. ? Question are the rear pegs really needed ? Noob question I'm sure but Don't see the need I don't plan on riding it fast, not a speed freak just like the road trips.

I'm not really sure what your asking.

I'll clarify that what I was suggesting was something like this...

necessary?... most of the "fighter" mods you have done are not necessary. But what makes the difference between a good looking bike and well... someone's crap... when done are details like that.

Support for the seat is necessary.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X