• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 GSX750F newbie.

hello there,

NAME: Christian Narciso
    BIKE: 1990 Suzuki Katana 750F

my brother actually just gave me this bike last year, has been sitting for 3 years, won't be able to start it and see if it runs for another few months since there's still snow on the ground where i live.

new to the riding scene, already gone out and got my learner motorcycle license, just anxiously waiting for summer to come to start riding, already got a helmet & gloves ready, just budgeting out for a jacket at the moment.

looking to find & share ideas with all you experienced & well knowledge people.

PLANS:
    - strip body panels, sand, prime & paint some sort of black
    - paint rims gold
    - get new sidemirrors (if there's anyone here that knows a thing or two about side mirrors please inform me)
    - LED lighting under body panels

PICTURES:

Attached Files

Welcome from another noob!

Just picked up the same year and model, so we will both be starting at the same time. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome.
      Plan on adding a carb cleaning to that list. Since the bike's been sitting for 3 years you might as well get that over with before you even bother trying to start it. Otherwise you'll be sitting around in nice riding weather, wondering why the bike doesn't run right.

Edit: Hit the wiki (link at the top, left of this screen) and search for "carbs 101".
      Last edited by Wild-Bill; 02-08-2014, 06:45 PM.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You have an old gas tank that's done a lot of sitting - check it for rust or the carb cleaning wild bill suggested will last all of 5 minutes. If you have rust in there, I highly recommend getting the tank repair/sealing kit called Por-15. Lots of other people in here like it as well. Costs ~$60, works great!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          Welcome.
          Plan on adding a carb cleaning to that list. Since the bike's been sitting for 3 years you might as well get that over with before you even bother trying to start it. Otherwise you'll be sitting around in nice riding weather, wondering why the bike doesn't run right.

Edit: Hit the wiki (link at the top, left of this screen) and search for "carbs 101".
          Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          You have an old gas tank that's done a lot of sitting - check it for rust or the carb cleaning wild bill suggested will last all of 5 minutes. If you have rust in there, I highly recommend getting the tank repair/sealing kit called Por-15. Lots of other people in here like it as well. Costs ~$60, works great!
          thanks for the heads up guys, definitely will do that once the snow starts melting lol .

Comment

Welcome to KR, Nice looking bike you've got there, I'm trying to convince my son to get one of these but he's got his heart set on building a cafe racer from a Honda CX500

Good luck with getting her running, all the info you could want is to be found on here, the wiki and the search functions will be your friend but if that fails feel free to ask

Ride safe, Colin.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
              X