X

new here and needs some help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here and needs some help

i just picked up a 00 kat 750. i can get it to fire up and run but if i try to rev it off idle it dies

How long did it sit? A good carb clean should help. + Replace the fuel filters with OEM type and fresh fuel and new plugs.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

By, "I can get it to fire up" I assume you mean it's difficult?
      - Purplehaze
      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Welcome to kr!

Comment

Welcome to KR! Your carbs need cleaning. Take a look at the Katana Wiki at the top of the forum for instructions on cleaning carbs.
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

ok i guess im yanking the carbs off tomorrow. i dunno how long it was sitting all i know is the fuel control valve was all corroded up

ok guess im yanking the carbs off tomorrow. as for how long it sat i do not know

on another topic will the gsx650f fairings fit on a 00 kat 750
            Last edited by ultraflexxj; 10-27-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ultraflexxj View Post

on another topic will the gsx650f fairings fit on a 00 kat 750
              No.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Be sure to inspect the fuel tank for corrosion while you're at it. If you don't, your clean carbs will get all fouled up again pretty quick.
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Cleaned the carbs out today they had just a little corrosion cleaned up with carb cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by ultraflexxj View Post
                    cleaned up with carb cleaner
                    Don't wanna sound like an ass (although I generally do), but no, they didn't. If you haven't stripped them down, the bits that matter are still dirty. It's more than a day's job because some soaking is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                      Don't wanna sound like an ass.
                      It's the hard truth. I can tell you from my own recent first experience, beating around the bush will do you absolutely no good. Picked up my Pre-98 early August, the Previous Owner had them "Professionally Cleaned" in July with a receipt and all.

Looked perfectly spotless.
                      But the only thing that got my carbs running right was a proper jet setup and a proper cleaning.

Mikunki Carbs are often described as the Achilles Heel of these bikes, treat them as such. Consider doing a proper stip-down, rebuild if needed, and cleaning *including* soaking. I wasted about a week *not* doing it.
                      - Purplehaze
                      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

cleaned all the passages not soaking and now the bike is running fine. on another note will a 00 750 kat motor fit in an 06 600 kat frame. went to register my 00 750 too much in back fees and now i picked up a 06 600 with a rod knock i was wondering if i could swap the 750 into the 600 frame with all the 750 rear shocks brakes and everything

Comment

Working...
                        X