X

New guy, old bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, old bike

Hey all! Have had my bike for a few months and just found this site... just had to get on board here.

I reside in Chicago, IL and have a '91 Katana GSX1100F. Bike is in rough shape... bought it from some jack ass who bracket raced it. Carbs need work, has a blown head gasket (that one was my fault) and seriously needs a paint job and a stock exhaust... this vance&hines pipe is just disgusting... I'll get a picture later.. She is gonna be a great project bike but the guy didn't have a title and has no interest in helping me acquire one so... that's a problem. Excited to start working on it! Oh look... a little bacon dude...
    Last edited by Retched_Kat; 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM. Reason: left something out.

What shape is the exhaust in? I would be interested in it if it is not all dented up.
    Ride, Restore,Repeat
    1992 Kat 750 barn find

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome from another 1100 rider Sounds like you've got a nice project on your hands, put up some pics for us to see - we LOVE pics !

Best of luck with your rebuild, Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

the exhaust is in fine shape as far as dents. I will take some pics and send em to you of it and let me know. I'll let it go for cheap once I find a full OEM exhaust. I attached a pic of the bike. It looks a lot better than it actually is. I'm sanding it today and trying to come up with a good paint job for it.
            Attached Files

Comment

welcome and goodluck
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
              X