X

Hello from Toronto, Ontario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Toronto, Ontario

Hello everyone. I am the owner of a 1990 GSXf Katana 750. I bought this bike a week ago and it is completely original right down to the tools that are under the seat. This bike has only had 3 owners. The first owner took very good care from 1990 until 2012, same with second. I guess I just got lucky.

I am; however, going to do a quick tear-down today just for a good ole carb clean which I believe wasn't done.. any other ideas for a quick tune-up is accepted and appreciated although the engine is completely mechanically sound.

If anyone is in the area wanting to ride, I'm more than happy to do a good cruise. I'm 28 y/o male.

Welcome to KR

If it has been well maintained it should not need to much more.
    Personally, I would check engineoil, brakefluid and pads (front and rear) tires and brakelines (shoud be date stamped).

If the bike has the original brakelines, consider upgrading to steel braided brakelines. Simple but very effective improvement of your brakes.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

P.S., I had a ZX6 the same year and the airbox had a modification to it. Basically someone cut the airbox so more air would go in. You can't see the airbox on the Kat, should I make the same mod? I found it did help the ZX6 with a little more power

Comment

Hey thanks, yes, I have taken a look at all of that. The tires are brand new as are the brakes and rotors. I haven't taken a look at the brake lines tho.

Comment

Welcome to KR....

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to KR. Based on what you stated, I'd leave the bike alone and just ride it.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaiphas View Post
                P.S., I had a ZX6 the same year and the airbox had a modification to it. Basically someone cut the airbox so more air would go in. You can't see the airbox on the Kat, should I make the same mod? I found it did help the ZX6 with a little more power
                Do not mess with the airbox, it is not going to improve the performance. Most likely it will make the bike run like crap....
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Carb or Battery?

Thanks guys... One quick question.. I would post in another area but I am restricted and don't have time to wait.

Q: I was going to clean out carbs, but discovered my battery juice was low on one side 3/6 and the bike wouldn't power up (not in that order). Could the battery have been the reason for the rough idle and low rpm when idling and not a clogged carb?

Comment

buy yourself a new battery , not a wet acid type
                      dump a half can of sea foam fuel treatment(shock treatment) in a full tank of fuel and ride it

after burning that threw see how she runs
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Hey thanks, I'll give it a shot.. I did that with my cars so I guess it works all the same to a bike!

Cheers!

Comment

WELCOME TO KR! if you are ever riding in the Collingwood area, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki99 View Post
                            WELCOME TO KR! if you are ever riding in the Collingwood area, let me know
                            Collingwood looks like an amazing area to ride. Got the Georgian Bay backdrop. Consider it considered

Comment

Welcome from north of Toronto.
                              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
                              X