X

Hello all new here need advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all new here need advice

So I have been off the bike for about ten years. Had a 929 back in the day. Looking to get back into riding on a fairly strict budget(4 kids). I have never owned a Suzuki and came across a 2001 750 today with 5049 miles on it. Dealer inspected ready to go for 3400. Could I have some insights on this it has been so long. TYIA

Well i'm new to riding as of last year (anything above a 125cc) and I love the Kat.
    It's not a racer but it's not slow ,longer than a racer and a little heavy than one too.
    I'm biased though, my first was a 600 in yellow.my second in black and a 750.
    There is deff a difference between the engines,might not seem a lot ,but on hills two up the extra 150cc is a winner.
    As any bike ,condition depends on the owner ,neglect them and carbs become a main issue. Cleaning and balancing been the main issues I have read ,Get the PDF "Carb 101".
    Correct oil is important not just for engine but for correct clutch operation. And clutch adjustment, once done correctly, should work fine. Get it wrong and you will get slippage or none working at worst.
    So I only know some and not enough but this forum does help you learn more than I did a year ago....happy riding!
    I'm outa here

Comment

Will they let you test ride it? Did you start it up? Its definitely not a bad bike to get riding again.
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Do keep in mind that bike prices are much lower in the fall, especially up north. Not trying to talk you out of anything and the Kat's a great bike to come back to riding with but there's always the price vs season tradeoff.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X