Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I'm stuck between choosing to get the katana 600 or 750, a lil help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck between choosing to get the katana 600 or 750, a lil help?

So I've figured I'm a katana guy but got two choices to get for the season, which one do I choose, the 600 or the 750 and why, opinions would be great right now!

post or pre ? ( 1998+/-)
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

There both 2001

Comment

the 750 has slightly higher mounted handle bars, better for the back
        the 750 has slightly better rear shock , just marginally better
        the 750 has slightly better power , just marginally better
        other than that , its basically the same thing.

if I were you Id take the one with the least milage and best condition for the best buck
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I've seen in reviews people complaining about the weight difference and how the 750 isn't as tight on corners, which I agree to an extent however I only rode the two bikes for a bit and haven't rode for the past five years so figured maybe it could just be the getting comfortable factor after riding the bike a lil. Is the weight difference really that distinctive?

Comment

its the same thing , you wont feel a difference
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Cool, makes it easier thanks

Comment

to be precise the 600 weighs 208kg the 750 211kg

no problem , welcome to the forum btw
                Last edited by mammut89; 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

As mammut89 says the wieght difference is minimal.

I was in the same boat last year, but I went with the 750 and I am glad I did.

Unless there is a huge difference in price(which there really shouldn't be) also the difference in insurance should be little if any.

Welcome to the forum.
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Definitely go with the 750. You can never have enough power.

Comment

Originally posted by expvet View Post
                      Definitely go with the 750. You can never have enough power.
                      I've had two post Kats, One a 600 03 and the 750 is 04 so go 750 ............
                      I'm outa here

Comment

Unless there's a big difference in price or condition, I'd go with the 750 every time.
                        While Mammut says there isn't much difference in power, that's wrong. The 750 makes about 27% more HP than the 600. (91.3 vs 72 HP) While neither is a powerful bike, that's a significant difference. In addition to that, the 750 makes more torque. End result is that even just riding around town with friends, my 750 kept leaving them behind unless either I deliberately went really easy on the throttle or they deliberately worked at keeping up. Also, I had to downshift a lot less to pass cars. All in all, the 750 is a much more relaxing ride at normal speeds/throttle openings and is capable of a lot more acceleration when you decide to open the throttle up.

Oh, and it's more comfortable, too!
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I've always had a 750 as my primary bike, but I can definately tell the difference when I'm on a 600.

Badfaerie recently upgraded the same bike from a 600 engine to a 750 engine... I'm sure she can comment on how just the engine alone compares.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Power difference is extremely neglible, get the one in the best shape for the best price.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The only possible potential advantage of the 600 would be that it is theoretically more economical. However, in the real world, if you are having to flog the crap out of it to keep up or have fun, or throw a larger rear sprocket on it to improve its launch, then fuel economy will be about even. (Krey and Badfaerie may be able to shed some light on that too??) The 750 offers a tad more street cred (if a Kat actually has any??), better performance when required and/or a more relaxed riding experience. It's predictably a bit more bang for your buck ... about 150cc more bang! Hence, you'll probably be happier with it for longer. But, price is a factor. Same money, same condition ... the 750 every time. If the 600 has fewer miles, is in better condition and cheaper, then you have a tough decision to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X