X

adjusted the idle now it won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusted the idle now it won't start

Hi, I just bought my first bike. 2002 Kat 600. It was running fine, buy Idled a little high. I adjusted the idle screw a little and it was fine. I put it away and now it will not start. It doesn't seem to be getting any fuel. Now its so far off I don't know where the idle should be. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Originally posted by jouwen116 View Post
    Hi, I just bought my first bike. 2002 Kat 600. It was running fine, buy Idled a little high. I adjusted the idle screw a little and it was fine. I put it away and now it will not start. It doesn't seem to be getting any fuel. Now its so far off I don't know where the idle should be. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
    Are you using choke to start it?

Are you touching the throttle at all when you try to start it?

Is the battery fully charged and tested good?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The battery is good (In put it on the charger anyway) I tried with the choke on and off and with and without the throttle. It started fine before - choke, touch the starter and it fired right up! After I adjusted the idle it ran fine, it just doesnt seem to be getting any fuel now

Comment

Originally posted by jouwen116 View Post
        The battery is good (In put it on the charger anyway) I tried with the choke on and off and with and without the throttle. It started fine before - choke, touch the starter and it fired right up! After I adjusted the idle it ran fine, it just doesnt seem to be getting any fuel now

My first thought is not enough fuel, which means your carbs are probably dirty.

It could be a cold start issue with not enough power. You can check that by verifying your coils at the orange/white striped wire is getting over 11v when the starter is turning the motor over. If not, then you have an issue with power that needs resolved first.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X