Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Had A Close Call But Ready To Reclaim the Ride.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a rotor before you ever ride that bike again.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I want to know when the picture was taken, I couldn't wear shorts it's still below freezing. However I will be grilling tomorrow

Comment

Holy sheeeet. I didn't click on the photo I just noticed the shorts. Awesome call on the rotor.
        As scotty says DO NOT RIDE till you get that braking issue taken care of.

Phoenix I don't know about you but I BBQ all year round rain, wind, hot even -40 deg. c in a blizzard
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. This pic is from when I was young and dumb at age 19. Only rode like that when I was heading to the gym which was a mile from my apartment. I definitely gear up when traveling long distances. I have read many of the forums so I know you guys definitely know your stuff, especially Arsenic (man seems to be a pro). I'll try to keep the updates flowing!

ps. brake rotor is baffling. Previous owner never specified why it was missing; anyone willing to point me in the right direction to obtaining one? Have been crawling through ebay with no luck.

Comment

First off welcomes to KR, 2nd don’t let distance fool you. I was less than ˝ mile from home on my way to work when I had my wreck, spent 3 days in ICU and many months of recovery. So ONLY a mile to the gym is plenty of time for something bad to happen. And 3rd I would check eBay for the rotor and caliper, also it appears t be a 600 you have in your pic.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

@Dano68 I'm just amazed at how the propane still can light though! So I had to google and found this
              When talking about propane, propane’s boiling point is -44 degrees Fahrenheit. There are other liquids (Helium and Hydrogen) that vaporize at -400 degrees. Since propane vaporizes at -44 degrees, you would literally need to be in an environment where it was that cold. It has happened where it has gotten that cold in Siberia and even in International Falls, Minnesota .
              For those of you who prefer charcoal, I commend your effort. I keep a small charcoal grill as well, in case I run out of propane

I forgot to mention, Welcome to KR!
              I don't know what your weather's like but hopefully you'll have time to fix it before spring.
              Last edited by PhoenixZip; 03-22-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Well you do need a full tank when it that cold if the tank is half or less you would be lucky to get through your bbq before the tank froze up lol happened to me lol.
                That's why I keep four tanks on hand lol:thumbup:
                Charcoal what is that lol that still around. Kidding hahahhaha I haven't used that in like 30 years lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

An air compressor works wonders to blow the dirt an crap outta them
                  and a digital caliper for measuring floats and bench sync the carbs too.
                  ziplock baggies or two cup tubbies , and mark them 1,2,3,4,. most of the time they just need a good cleaning.

Comment

Welcome to kr and good luck man

Comment

I just went through the same carb cleaning with my 'new' 95 750. Its not that hard. But, the carbs on my bike were not in horrible shape, despite the black/2 yr old fuel i drained out :/
                      My helmet saved my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X