X

just got my first Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my first Katana

hello all i just bought my first Katana its an 03 600 blue and black one. my thoughts are its kinda guttless.. i would think it should run better with only 2000 miles on it seems to hussle it to just cruise at 70 mph. I have rode many 600 katana's before and they all seemed to run alot better then this one ? now they all did have a aftermaket exhaust on and this one is all stock. does and aftermarket exhaust really make that much difference ?

Welcome to KR!

They look and sound better and with a jet kit, can help the bike run a bit better but don't expect gobs of power. Maybe your new Kat needs the get the carbs cleaned?
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

2k miles on a 10 year old bike?? Sounds like it either sat a lot or went on a shit ton of short rides...

Carb tear down and soak/clean, check the tank for rust and a FP Jet Kit! that's my .02!
      92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post
        2k miles on a 10 year old bike?? Sounds like it either sat a lot or went on a shit ton of short rides...

Carb tear down and soak/clean, check the tank for rust and a FP Jet Kit! that's my .02!
        That
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Well, welcome first of all.
          We've got a whole bunch of members in your area. Maybe one of them could get together with you and take your bike for a short test ride. Put that butt dyno to work and let you know if you're suffering from a troubled bike or just excessive expectations.

I wouldn't be much help. Besides being a bit over a thousand miles away, I'm used to an 1100 and a 750 before that. To me, all 600s feel pretty weak.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR and congrats on the buy !!!
            My 600 is pretty fast but that's after all the work I put into it these last couple of weeks that I owned it love it wouldn't trade it for nothing ...

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post

Welcome to KR. I agree with this. This bike probably sat for a long time and needs some love with the carbs. If it's crapping out at 70 mph, I would say you have something wrong with the carbs and maybe some bad gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by honda11b250 View Post
                hello all i just bought my first Katana its an 03 600 blue and black one. my thoughts are its kinda guttless.. i would think it should run better with only 2000 miles on it seems to hussle it to just cruise at 70 mph. I have rode many 600 katana's before and they all seemed to run alot better then this one ? now they all did have a aftermaket exhaust on and this one is all stock. does and aftermarket exhaust really make that much difference ?
                Definitely agree with the previous help/comments also you might wanna check the that it's getting enough air through the filter.
                I don't know what I want but I know how to get it.

Comment

Working...
                X