X

Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 600

Hi all. I have a kat 600. Im thinking about lowering it and stretching it. Any ideas.Im thinking about doing it myself
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR! Used the search feature in the forum. There are a few Kat owners that have stretched their Kats.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome

Nice looking bike.

Comment

I think it would be ug. Welcome to KR!
        Extra life.

Comment

Nah... don't do it, your bike looks great as it is

Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Thanks yall Does anyone know where i can find led turn singals and brake lights?

Comment

Welcome to KR! There are threads on extending(stretching) IMO don't do it.
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome. My thoughts on lowering/stretching are that they're a bad idea, especially for a relatively low powered bike like a Kat. Maybe if you had dropped a huge engine in it and were planning on drag racing but not on a stock Kat.

As for LED signals, hit ebay. You will need to swap out the turn signal relay or else they won't blink right. You can get a relay from Autozone that'll do just fine but you'll have to either modify the connector or use some patch wires. For the brake light, the cleanest way I've seen is to modify the inside of your stock tail light, installing a bunch of LEDs and resistors in place of the stock bulb and bucket.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Leave to suspension as it is, you can modify for better handling. as for tail light check this thread, and others. http://www.katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129080
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

welcome from missouri . i have my bike dropped and streched i love it you can get on it and it dont pull up on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X