No announcement yet.
X

1997 GSX 750F - new to kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber passed away a few years ago, so his pricing and information is a little old.

His size selections are still considered the correct choices.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Some pics of the bike that make it look good, and some pictures of the issues:

Here is the oil on the engine I'd like to fix if its not too intense. I think it's maybe the gasket/seal between the engine pieces there, top of the engine and bottom ...don't know the terms.

Right side of motor, greasy oil area is top right of picture

Left side of motor, top section has oil

From the front, ride side has the oil stuff

Fairing damage, hard to repair this? I read about the plastic repair but I don't have a gun or much knowledge again.

Comment

Hardest thing for you to fix is going to be that fairing. That's going to take some time.
            As for the oil leak, that looks very much like two problems, maybe three. Look at the top of the engine with the tank off. If there's oil on top then it's probably going to be the rubber seals under the bolts which hold the valve cover on. The rubber gasket between the valve cover and the head may also be leaking and you may need to replace the o-rings around the oil tubes coming out of the front of the head.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Bill I really appreciate your help. Next step for me is to take the fairings off, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous...I'm really getting that feeling that if I take them off I won't be able to get them back on in one piece it's got so many cracks in it. Ill obviously have to take em off at some point soon but is this a real concern or do you think ill be able to get it back on without it breaking? Ill be careful of course

I suppose I could get some of the plastic cement everyone talks about for repairing fairings and slather it on the back side of the cracks just in case once it's off. Here's to hoping!

Another silly thing...I cannot seem to get the seat off. Making me feel really dumb to say the least. The key is all you're supposed to need, correct? Or are there some Allen screws in there holding it on? I twist the key and have pulled in every direction to get that damned seat off and haven't been able to yet. Let the fun-making begin I know.

Comment

The seat gave me a bit of trouble, too until the seller showed me how. There's the key and there's also a plastic ring hanging down under the left side of the seat. You have to pull that down, too. IIRC it was the key first to let the back of the seat loose and then pull the ring.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You're the fuckin man! I was wondering what the hell that loop on a spring was!

Comment

Working...
                  X