X

New Kat winter project in the Rockies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat winter project in the Rockies

Good afternoon friends im a 23 year old auto glass installer and I recently purchased a 1989 Katana 600. I have some restoration experience and have always been a enthusiasts. I bought the bike from a person who didnt take very good care of her but I saved her from the barn he had it stored in since 1998. My plan is to completely frame up restore the bike. When I purchased the bike at the beginning of October I started checking the electrical and that was quite the inspection. The previous owner clipped many wires and spliced many but leaving many open. In the last week I've got most of the electrical deciphered and labeled.
    My next step was to diagnose the motor and attempt to get it to run. Starter and relay are good, coil wires plugs and boots are in average condition and will be replaced soon and carbs need rebuilt and synced. After a half a can of carb cleaner it started and idled but not for long.
    I'm excited to tell everyone what I'm doing and seeing everyone's beautiful suzukis and projects. Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully you can see the pictures I will post the whole album soon of my progress
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]image.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, how can you find the time to do it over again??

Welcome to KR and enjoy your project. There is plenty of information and experience available here. Take advantage of the search function.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcomw to KR!.....good kat...

Comment

Welcome to KR! and goodluck on the project.
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

nice pick up, body looks to be in good shape, and its black! just clip that kat's tail and she'll look good.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. And c rod her tail is already on my list along with flush mount led turn signals and hid bulbs. It's going to be gorgeous and I know y'all will appreciate it as much as I do! Color scheme is still unknown and any ideas would be greatly appreciated (remember I am doing a frame up job so any color scheme is possible)
            If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, how can you find the time to do it over again??

Comment

Welcome! Not too bad looking. Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Comment

Make sure you guys and gals check out the pictures of the progress and before at my photobucket page. http://m1285.photobucket.com/profile/ColoradoKat89
                Thanks again for looking!

Comment

Welcome fellow Rocky Mountain rider. Good luck with the bike.
                  It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Welcome and good luck!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome and good luck
                      Ride like it's your last ride
                      sigpic

Comment

nice bike.. the way it looks now with the black fairings and the gold rims is the look Im aiming for with my ride.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome from another newbie good luck with the rebuild.

Engelskmannen.
                            Carpe Jugulum...
                            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

thank you everyone for the warm welcome. i know that in the pictures the black with gold looks pretty good but unfourtunately the pervious owner half assed the paint job on the bike and it didnt really hold up. he also thought it would be a good idea to ratchet strap the bike down in the back of a truck he had it storage and bottomed out the front forks and blew out both seals (wonderful). the bike was originally the katana red and its pretty obvious. I will most likely repaint the whole bike with the frame being gold with white plastics and gold rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X