X

hi everyone newbie with some questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone newbie with some questions

Hey Everyone, I was wondering where is a good place to find parts??? I have a 91 gsx-600-f that I have stripped down to the frame. My plans are to replace motor with a 750 and I am open for ideas on enlarging the rear tire and changing the front end.... I have some clear ideas of what I want... I am new to the bike world, and need to get this transformation started...my profile pic is the before.. i got this bike for free... So everything will be worth it to me.. Hope to hear from some of you... Don't be shy I am open to all ideas... for the back tire i was thinking of going to at least a 160... if there is a bolt in way to put a 180 i would like to do that... but not sure if that is possible...

Welcome. Try the search button at the top of the page. All the info you need is on this site somewhere.
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

WELCOME
      To put a 160 tire on safely you should use a post (98+) wheel. a 180 tire is going to require a wider swingarm and brake components and some modification.
      Your front end depends on if you are looking for a properly performing suspension or more for looks. A properly tuned suspension is much cheaper. Contact TMOD He does suspension work, He can help you out with either choice you choose.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ok so a 160 will work with the stock swing arm on a 600 frame??

Comment

Yes, with a post wheel
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome! ebay is a good place to finds parts for a pre (pre 1998 Katana).
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

nice! another question... I was thinking of putting a 750 swing arm on mine... could I use one from a post model??? or will it not fit?? will i have to mod the frame at all??

Comment

Working...
              X