X

2000 Katana 750 - Just bought Oct / 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Katana 750 - Just bought Oct / 2012

About 2 years ago a threw my 2001 Katana down the road. Missed a turn due to gravel. Destroyed my helmet and leathers. I got up and walked away pefectly fine. Thanks to my riding gead. The poor 01 Katana 600 did not come out so well. Destroyed the plastic and bent the frame. Thanks to progressive insurance I picked up a 2002 Yamaha Fz1 with 9k miles. For the last two seasons I have been riding a 2002 FZ1. It is up to 26K miles and it is time for a little tender loving care and maintance. Last weekend on Craigs list I spotted the 2000 Katan 750 with only 8K miles. Man I liked my old Katana. It was posted for $2500 or best offer. At the end of the day I picked up the bike for $1950.00. IT ALREADY HAD NEW TIRES AND A NEW BATTERY; SWEET. I already put 80 miles on the bike. Unfortunately in Minnesota it is 50 degree. Into the garage it goes for a little winter maintenance. I just changed the oil. Drained the old gas from the gas tank and put in fresh gas with Stabil. Next is to finish removing the plastic and drain the carberators. Over the winter I will due a the minor maintance items. With only 8K miles on the bike I should have many good years ahead of me. I put on about 6500 to 7000 mile per year. Take care until spring. P.S. I forgot - Just after buying the bike I didn't completely put the kick stand down. Bummer; as I turned my back I watch the bike start to fall. I luckly caught it on the way down but it pinned my right leg under it. Broke the shift lever. Added two minor scratches. I got off pretty lucky. Yea the bike has my character now. Just laughed it off. Another good reason to buy a used bike. Won't get mad when my kids or I scratch it. Just enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by MinnKat600; 10-10-2012, 11:41 AM.
    Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

lets see some pics of the old girl .welcome btw
    im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome! +1 on the pics!
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Not sure how to post pictures on this site.

I am not use to using URL.
        Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Use a photo hosting site like "photobucket" and copy paste the photo link on here....

EG...
          I'm outa here

Comment

Thanks for the help posting pictures.
            Last edited by MinnKat600; 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, that fairing was toast! Glad you made it out OK. Thank Gawd for the gear!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Good enough to bend the frame and toast the helmet. Great gear walked away just a wee bit sore. Just another exciting day.

Comment

Working...
                X