No announcement yet.
X

Zombee --new rider-- 94 Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, better pictures. I think this is my favorite.

The fairing rash and muffler dent were on it. As with the "modified" front fender, but I'm not complaining too loud.

Gotta get back under the tank as I've found the plug boots are not seated and at least #4 appears to be tearing apart.

Hmm... let's try this:

[ame="http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt10/Zombee_XXX/94%20Suzuki%20GSX%20750%20f%20Katana/?action=view&current=100_2471.mp4"]94 Suzuki GSX 750 f Katana :: 100_2471.mp4 video by Zombee_XXX - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid592.ph otobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ftt10%2FZombee_XXX%2F94%25 20Suzuki%2520GSX%2520750%2520f%2520Katana%2F100_24 71.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid592.photobu cket.com%2Falbums%2Ftt10%2FZombee_XXX%2F94%2520Suz uki%2520GSX%2520750%2520f%2520Katana%2F100_2471.mp 4[/ame]
    Last edited by zombee; 09-13-2012, 08:13 PM. Reason: Fixing vid link

Comment

Didn't realize it was running til it plugged some smoke lol
      That thing is quiet and very retro...clean but wow it must have been stuck in the back of some ones garage the day it was bought...
      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Man, that is a real compliment, I mean it makes me wish I had snapped a few shots in March or April before I started taking care of it. It looked as if it had been outside for a few months anyway. Amazing what was hiding under the dirt and grime!

Comment

wow . retro ville indeed. thats a good looking bike
          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

My 'other' baby...

I kinda think retro is my thing. Idk, I like the "original" look. I wasn't fond of
            the purple seat, but it's grown on me so much I'll probably keep her about like this...

Here's my first baby; truly retro to me.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Are those 13 inch fatties on a 300z?
              And what is with the tiny motor on the hoist...could probably pick that up by hand...
              They make a Chevy motor mount kit...350 v8 in a light little 300zx...hehe sounds like fun top me!
              1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
              1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
              Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                ...13 inch fatties on a 300z?
                And what is with the tiny motor on the hoist...could probably pick that up by hand...
                They make a Chevy motor mount kit...350 v8 in a light little 300zx...hehe sounds like fun top me!
                Meh 15x7, lol came that way... I do have a set of stockers (16") but kinda like these better. I did, however remove the 2" chrome fender flares that were sheet metal screwed on.

Actually, might have been easier to hoist the body off the engine now that you mention it! The 3.0 stays for now, I wanna milk it a little and see what she can do. I have gone through a few SBC in Monte Carlos over the years and I just love this little bulletproof mill. Takes all the abuse I have thrown at it and still wants more!

Comment

Now with increased night visibility:

Comment

...And some doofus is still going to pull out in front of you and claim they didn't see you!
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yesterday was vacuum sync day.

Bought O'reilleys out of the 47311 restrictors and 47356 F connectors last week and had to wait til Sunday for another "F" to come in so I could finish and fill my contraption. The only thing I really did differentl was my lines are a stiff poly because I figured less flex under vacuum. I also mounted my manometer to a chunk of plexi, so I can see it from either direction.

Initially, #2 would pull the ATF out as soon as the engine caught. So it took me most of the day, mostly because I didn't know which way to adjust the screws to receive desired result. I couldn't get them as perfect as I would like, but it has made a major improvement. The bike is much less "jerky" at low throttle opening. Both takeoff and deceleration are noticeably smoother.

I was noticing it even gives me more confidence in curves and whatnot because it doesn't want to "jump" when the throttle is cracked.

Doesn't bog on the highway in top gear if I need to climb a hill or slow down some. Even with my passenger, I coasted down to about 4k and rolled back on and it didn't lurch or complain at all.

Hell, it's damn near 70, why am I still talking about it?

Comment

Working...
                      X