X

1990 katana clutch issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 katana clutch issues

Hi guys i have a 1990 katana 600 and i replace the front sprocket and sprocket cover. when i put it all back together i drop it into first with the clutch in and it stalls. The clutch has a lot of pressure and works but its not disengaging when the bike is in gear. any help would be appreciated.

First try adjusting the cable where it comes in to the sprocket cover them fine tune it on the handle end.
    Out is more clutch.
    In is less clutch.
    So unscrew the cable some til the handle is harder to pull then try with motor on and fine tune the handle to proper slack.
    Good luck and welcome!!!
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

ive tried adjusting everything and the ive taken off the oil cap and can see the clutch is moving put the plates are not. like i said the clutch itself seems to be working but it wont disengage in gear. it was sitting for about a week without oil because i broke the engine cover on the left side. i replaced it and added oil, bike starts and runs fine but the clutch will not disengage. anything is greatly appreciated.

Comment

you may get more answers if you post this in the mechanics 101 threads. welcome to KR
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Sounds like your clutch rod isn't moving, or isn't there...
          Pull the rubber cover off the sprocket cover and adjust the screw and nut.

Comment

okay ill post it over there too and the screw is in almost all the way and the rod is there and the clutch has pressure.

Comment

So clutch has pressure but not releasing is the kick stand up when you put it in gear?

Comment

Working...
              X