X

New Kat Rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Rider

Ok first off 44 years old and finally got my first bike. Didn't trust myself in my 20's, too much going on in my 30's being active duty Air Force before I retired. Always had itch in back of mind, turned 44 and it hit me now or never. Did tons of research, talked to friends that ride, and bought 02 Katana 600 today for starter bike. After 2 hours riding around, got home and my wife asked me how was it? Told her everything I thought it would be.

Welcome to the club! I waited till I now (33) to get my first one for myself. I've ridden my brother's CBR and my dad's goldwing and just had to get one for myself finally too. There's nothing like it! Never seen a bike parked outside a psychiatrist's office LOL!

Comment

Welcome and good luck
      Ride like it's your last ride
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!

Comment

welcome to kr

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
          >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Welcome!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Howdy and enjoy it !! I know we all do !!
              "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by silcoxa View Post
                  Ok first off 44 years old and finally got my first bike. Didn't trust myself in my 20's, too much going on in my 30's being active duty Air Force before I retired. Always had itch in back of mind, turned 44 and it hit me now or never. Did tons of research, talked to friends that ride, and bought 02 Katana 600 today for starter bike. After 2 hours riding around, got home and my wife asked me how was it? Told her everything I thought it would be.
                  Welcome aboard.

I know this is a strange place to be asking this but, do you know Delano Cummings? He's Lumbee, and a very close friend of mine from years ago. He and I used to hang out together in Washinghton DC.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Hello And welcome to KR.....I just got my first street bike a few weeks ago at 43....And love it... Good luck and enjoy...
                    2002 750 Kat
                    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

got my first all street bike at the age of 41 . is this midlife crisis therapy or what ? nothing like being on my KAT
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

hey! welcome I've enjoyed my time here as I'm sure you will, and just to go along with the trend I got my first bike a few weeks ago at age 38, didn't trust myself when I was younger either lol
                          yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome aboard. Post some pics when you get a chance
                              sigpic
                              Navy Vet
                              1998 B12
                              00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X