Just Bought a 2004 Katana 750CC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark, Welcome to the forum.
    I like the Dunlops as far as tires go.
    As for insurance, Try Progressive, there reasonable.
    Darren Drennan
    Alexander, Arkansas
    06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Welcome Mark...both to KR and back home...

I bought a 2005 Kat 750 about 3 months ago...I love the bike, but I have a lot of problems with the standard Dunlop tires...slow leaking, without any sign of damage, and don't grip well in my opinion.

I'm going to listen to the advice of the almighty wise one CyberPoet 8) and but Metzeler Z6's in the next week or so. I got 2000 miles out of the stock tires, so I'm not upset.

Just ride your bike a bit and you will become aware of what you would like to upgrade first...Kats are great bikes, hope you have a lot of fun on it...

Former Army 96B20 here myself...now a civilian

Wishing you and all on KR the best...

Comment

Welcome to the site. You can also price comparrison the Metzlers and the Perilli Diablo Strada's, there new wet weather tire. I am running that on my bike, and find they are truly excelent. About the only real difference between them and the Metzlers though are the tread pattern I do beleive. And for CHEAP TIRE prices, check out www.americanmototire.com

Very well priced, and shipping is cheap too!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

welcome mark. and welcome home. thank you for your service to our country. I'll add to the tire debate, I have michelin pilot powers on mine and love them. they claim something like a 42 degree lean angle in the wet. so far wear has been excellent and I commute 40 miles round trip to work when weather allows. as for insurance check www.progressive.com mine is about $400 a year for full coverage.

Comment

Welcome home Mark. Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. I am in the middle of a PCS from Korea to Alaska.

Welcome to KR!!!! Enjoy all the knowledge and friends you will make here.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Stock Tires on 2005 Katana 600

From reading these topics on stock tires on the Katana 600, I see that they are not liked or recommended. I purchased my 2005 used bike a few weeks ago and I do not know if the tires on them are stock or aftermarket. The owners manual and the Suzuki website specs do not list the brand or model that come stock on the bike.

Can anyone tell me which brand and model are the stock tires that "suck" so I know if I have to get new ones soon?

Thanks!
              sigpic
              John - AKA: Negster
              2005 Katana 600

Comment

personally I would ride them till they were done.
                the stock 600 tires do suck but they r round. once they wore out I replaced them with michelin power pilots... BIG DIFFERENCE Had to relearn the bike afterward.. It responded faster and way better handeling
                ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
                Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
                Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
                She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
                no pun intended
                07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
                09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
                99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

Re: Stock Tires on 2005 Katana 600

Originally posted by Negster
                  The owners manual and the Suzuki website specs do not list the brand or model that come stock on the bike.
                  The sticker under your seat will tell you , though .
                  Personally , I liked the Diablo Stradas best so far . Sport Demons (also Pirelli) weren't bad . Avons were better than the Mac's . That's about all I can tell you first'hand .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Stock Tires on 2005 Katana 600

Thanks MD86...there was no sticker under the seat, but there was one on the swing arm and it told me exactly which brand and model are the stock tires. Unfortunately, I have stock tires, which are Michelin Macadam 100X. So I guess I will be looking to change them when I can.

Thanks again!
                    sigpic
                    John - AKA: Negster
                    2005 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X