X

Bike Just doesnt want to run right.!!HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Just doesnt want to run right.!!HELP

Hey everyone,so my bike has been in the shop for the last 3 months for a carb rebuild , clena, and sync , new spark plugs and gaskets all around and yes i know 3 months for that is rediculous, i guess i was just this guys side project when he had time to spare who knows but it sucked. so finally when i get it back i leave and take off and its flying moving beautifully , not problems or anything. Brought it back home put some stuff i had ordered on it and tok it out for another run, halfway down the streeet it start bogging down an i throttle it up and its just running sadly and like there might be a line clogged or lack of fuel like its starving for gas. Very dissapointed of the work obvioulsy done at this "Professional Bike Shop".... I dont want to take it back cause it will just sit for another 2 or 3 months. Would just like some advice on possibly some things i could try to do that might fix this running problem so i wont have to go into the carbs myself therefore completely making the last 3 months at the shop uneccesary , any help would be grateful!!!!

Check fuel lines for a kink, No fuel filter right? shouldn't be one. check petcock for proper fuel flow, check screen in tank, check tank for rust. check petcock vaccum line is connected. check fuel level, don't really trust fuel guage accuracy.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome by the way...Yeah you def wanna check all the simple things first. Hope you get it sorted out. Pics and video sharing will help as well

Comment

im hoping its just a kink or something simple. i havent gotten the chance to pull the tank of yet to see what mess they may have left but will check in the morning firts chance,

Comment

Also forgot to ask is it possible the problem could be that the bike had sat for three months in the shop , still has the same gas and everything

Comment

When I bought mine it wouldn't start at all. Sat for 8 years, I knew nothing of what the PO had done.
            So, I started with the carbs. I can rebuild those things with my eyes closed now. It took a lot of time and patience, but I finally got it running and running great.
            Who knows if the gas went bad when it sat. Or maybe the shop didn't do a damn thing, or good anyway. Do you have the manual? If not get one. It'll go a long way. I'd tear the carbs apart yourself and check things out. At least pull the tank and have a look-see (which you're doing). I'd say if it's not the fuel lines, move to the carbs next. If it stumbles it may be clogged or possibly running rich.. or lean.. idk I forget. Arsenic is the carb guru. Good luck man.

And fresh gas. Definitely fresh gas.

... definitely.
            Last edited by broel; 06-12-2012, 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the mechanic told me they did a vaccum check on my cylinders and that #4 has no compression at all i figurd itd be the valves but they said they were fine, im thinkin it has alot to do with that im just hoping its a simple fix and i dont have to dig into the guts of the engine, im much better with cars then bikes

Comment

Originally posted by xWOLFx25 View Post
                so finally when i get it back i leave and take off and its flying moving beautifully , not problems or anything. Brought it back home put some stuff i had ordered on it and tok it out for another run, halfway down the streeet it start bogging down an i throttle it up and its just running sadly and like there might be a line clogged or lack of fuel like its starving for gas.

Um... so it was fine, you worked on it, it's not fine. What did you put on it?

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it was when i picked it up and i took it home, put some mirrors on it and took it out for a ride i it bogged ima bout to ull the tank off and i opend the tank and heard a whoosh, what would that be the cause of

Comment

it was when i picked it up and i took it home, put some mirrors on it and took it out for a ride i it bogged ima bout to ull the tank off and i opend the tank and heard a whoosh, what would that be the cause of

If the tank is holding pressure, yes... that's a problem. Do you have an OEM cap or is it after market?

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

its OEM , pretty sure its stock, what could that do then

Comment

its OEM , pretty sure its stock, what could that do then

The OEM gas cap has a vent hole. If yours is stopped up, that would cause a problem.

To fix it... remove the cap and disassemble it. Clean it well. I would suggest using aluminum polish to clean up and smooth the internal parts of the lock (not the tumbler, but the other moving parts inside) well. Make sure you keep an eye out for small parts (round ball bearing/springs) that are used inside.

Put it back together after it's cleaned. Lube with dry graphite "lock lube".

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                        X