X

New Rider & Katana owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider & Katana owner

well not technically a katana owner yet.
    Going tomorrow to pick it up, assuming it's in the condition that the guy has advertised it.
    It's an 05 Katana 600 with 5k miles, price I've pretty much agreed upon is 2850 which includes a really nice practically new helmet even in my size, otherwise price would go down a bit.

I'm driving 2 hours for it and my friend who has a zx14 is riding it back for me. I've never ridden a bike, read a lot and watched lots of videos.. just ridden my zuma haha.

I've always wanted a bike but too into cars to have money for one.
    For anyone also into cars my 'interesting' cars I've had were: 92 talon tsi awd 12.7@107mph and 14.0@114mph, 92 laser rst awd 11.7@123mph, and a 99 firebird formula 12.9@114mph(thanks to street tires/3.08 gears). Anyway I was building a civic over winter and thanks to the machine shop ****ing me off with a 2 week job taking 2 months I finally picked up my motor and parted it out tired of waiting and decided to get a bike.

Always wanted a katana for my first bike since I'm not as interested in pure speed on a bike, still want the sportiness and I want comfort. I'm getting up tomorrow morning to take my test for my motorcycle license, then heading out to buy it

Anyway here's a CL picture of the bike, hopefully it's mine tomorrow and I can take some nice pictures.

good luck man!

Comment

nice looking bike. dont see many white ones. read the rider road safety posts i got some really eye opening info. im not an experienced rider myself so i ride within my limits at all times. welcome
      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome and Good Luck!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Ended up not working out for the 05. But day after I found an 01 locally in the paper, picked it up for $2100.
              It's a 2001 750cc, overall rides great. My buddy is helping me do a bunch of maintenance on it tomorrow night, I'm loving it - it's an awesome first bike.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the bike.

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                ...im not an experienced rider myself so i ride within my limits at all times...
                That's how you get to be an experienced rider.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy riding as much as i do.

Comment

Congrats on the bike
                    ----USMC combat vet----
                    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the acquisition!
                      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by Clinical View Post
                        watched lots of videos.. just ridden my zuma haha.
                        Exactly what kind of videos, and I had no idea that you and Dan were so closely associated. I never would have guessed he's a taker.
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          Exactly what kind of videos, and I had no idea that you and Dan were so closely associated. I never would have guessed he's a taker.
                          Videos of how to wheelie a katana in 5th while also doing an endo and eating ***** at the same time! As for the other part, idk who you're talking about, guessing it's an inside joke haha.

Anyway, changed the oil today, de-riced my blinky led tail light and put it back to factory. Removed the janky cruise control and everything that with went it that kept my throttle from snapping back easily. Loving it more each day.

Couple pics I took today:

Comment

Sweet ride man! Love the yellow + rim tape! How are you liking the Corbin seat and D&D exhaust? I want both! Let me know if you ever want to sell em lol.

But welcome to the forums and congrats on the Kat!
                            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

I'm loving it. I didn't know the seat was aftermarket but it makes sense since he gave me a diff seat with it that isnt as nice and def lower quality.

The exhaust is ridiculously nice sounding, I never realized how good these katanas sound with a good exhaust.

I think I'm going to ride this till June then decide if I want to hang onto it or get one of the newer GSX600F's. I really am not a speed demon on this nor do i want to be, I love the sport-touring bike style the katana is. I love the way the newer 600f's look, but I'm going to get more comfortable with riding before I start thinking about that, afterall this bike is great!

Comment

Working...
                              X