X

possible new owner from PA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible new owner from PA

Hey all - like the title says I'm looking at a '93 Kat 750 with 22k on the odometer that is mostly factory except for some exhaust mods. It has new air filter, rear brakes, plugs, choke cable, and battery. No visible leaks or rust.

I currently ride a 1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ Seca as my first bike that I've had for a bit. Now i'm looking for something to better handle 2up riding for my wife and I.

My question is this - what should I look for when deciding to buy this 750 or not? Are there any suggested threads to read?

The owner is asking $1800. Does this seems far based on what I have explained? Here's a pic...
    Attached Files
    '93 GSX750F

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Is that armor all on the tires
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Looks pretty good... but you wil definately want a better exhaust can setup.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Looks like armorall on the seat as well. That could be dangerous! Looks pretty clean.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

yeah definitely armorall'd for show...must remove that prior to taking it on the road.

Does $1800 seem fair? KBB has it around $1300 in excellent condition.
          '93 GSX750F

Comment

If chain, sprockets, tires, etc look good than $1800 isn't out of the question. Then i'd take $300 off for what it's going to cost you to get a street legal muffler, and not just a hacked off can.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I paid $600 for my 94 Kat 750 with 11k. Although it is in a bit worse shape than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                If chain, sprockets, tires, etc look good than $1800 isn't out of the question. Then i'd take $300 off for what it's going to cost you to get a street legal muffler, and not just a hacked off can.
                +1

If you have the option of taking it for a test ride, take notice to how second gear works. Well known for those going to crap.

If you DO buy it, make sure the spark plugs are tight. Jussayin'.
                sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

looks clean. but yea id replace the muffler with one that wont get you hassled. id offer 1600 and see what happens .
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome from NC!!! I'd def come down to 14-15 no more

Comment

I went and looked at the bike tonight and also took it for a test drive. First off, the bike is super clean. He painted the frame/motor/body. All the plastic is in good condition with no visible cracks. He said the exhaust is zx-14 baffles with the chrome tips. He did the rear fender eliminator and the center stand was also removed from a previous owner. He is including front and rear track stands in the price of the bike. It will probably need new tires at the end of the season and he has not done any carb work or checked valves recently.

I took the bike out for about 15 minutes. It shifts nice and smooth and stops good - a bit of squeak from the rear brake. It has new pads so i'm assuming it needs the calipers serviced. It pulls strong throughout all rpms and while the exhaust is loud, it's not so loud that you would get hassled. I'm still young enough to like loud things!

All in all, I loved the bike. I really think it's what i'm looking for - something bigger but not so big that it handles like crap but at the same time can carry a passenger and cruise on the highway comfortably.

I have a feeling he won't go much lower though. The bike rides so much nicer than my Seca...decisions decision.
                      '93 GSX750F

Comment

well I bought it! I'm loving it so far!
                        '93 GSX750F

Comment

Welcome aboard, from Chambersburg,PA. I too used to have a 1982 XJ650 Seca. That shaft drive was just a little quirky.
                          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Working...
                          X