No announcement yet.
X

new to forum, new to riding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well here is my status update. I'm going to try here to see if I can find some parts. If anyone knows of any good salvage yards in the piedmont/ western north carolina region, please let me know. There is so much I need it its not even funny. Gas cap, pet cock, are the main components ( aside from the engine) its unfortunate how poorly this bike was treated. We are rebuilding carbs now, as well as creaming the tank. Was told by my mechanic it was the worst he had ever seen. And I'm hoping to , my other parts as well. Of course used is preferred. I've already blown my budget out id the water. Thanks guys. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    You want to stick with 600 carbs on the 600 motor. The size of the carbs is larger for the 750, and just rejetting isn't the fix.

I'm curious though... how the heck did someone lock up the motor. These engines are normally pretty tough.

Krey

Thanks for the info. Well apparently the bike set out. The gas cap seal went bad, filed tank with water......pet cock went bad. Filled carbs, flushed water and gas into motor. We pulled almost 7 quarts out of the oil pan.
    Last edited by kwilliamskw30; 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by kwilliamskw30 View Post
      Ok well here is my status update. I'm going to try here to see if I can find some parts. If anyone knows of any good salvage yards in the piedmont/ western north carolina region, please let me know. There is so much I need it its not even funny. Gas cap, pet cock, are the main components ( aside from the engine) its unfortunate how poorly this bike was treated. We are rebuilding carbs now, as well as creaming the tank. Was told by my mechanic it was the worst he had ever seen. And I'm hoping to , my other parts as well. Of course used is preferred. I've already blown my budget out id the water. Thanks guys. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. Well apparently the bike set out. The gas cap seal went bad, filed tank with water......pet cock went bad. Filled carbs, flushed water and gas into motor. We pulled almost 7 quarts out of the oil pan.

First, don't use kreame... use Por-15!

Second, I'd suggest the electrolysis method to clean the tank first.

I have a full lock and key set if you need, and some other misc. post kat parts. I have to agree with stretched... I'm betting you can probably break that motor free and make it run.

The petcock can probably be rebuilt.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Trip Shi!t!!! I didn't pay attention this time to where this guys from which is like the other side of town...I'm sure I can take a look at it and help you get it going one way or another And yes it suck that ALL bike shops are closed on Mondays here... Kaw/Suz shop Bensons ALL of em. If nothin else I've got a parts motor sitn over here that needs a transmission. It only has 15k miles. You could put the one out of yours into this one and swap it out
        Last edited by stretched600; 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Well ok here is what I have going on. We found that the #4 rod broke. And dropped valves at the same time. I went to Benson today. bought a motor. Picking up thursday Still needing pet coc gas cap chain. Hoping to have motor in and possibly friday. I found a local guy that works on bikes. So it is at his house. But we still got alot of work to do.
          Stretch, pm sent.

Is there no way to repair the gasket on the gas cap? .I still find it hard to believe that the gasket and cap are not foretaste. And I'll be honest, as this being my first bike, I'm nervous to work on it, at last till I learn a little more about what is going on.
          Last edited by kwilliamskw30; 03-27-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
            Trip Shi!t!!! I didn't pay attention this time to where this guys from which is like the other side of town...I'm sure I can take a look at it and help you get it going one way or another
            I've actually been out to Granite Falls last summer to help another KR member with a carb sync.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yep. Its a small world. Good news is I got my motor today

Comment

Status update......... Still waiting to get motor installed. Uggghhhhhh......... Got the tank soaking in part a if kreem kit. Did an 8 hours soak today, got most of it. Just a little left. Plan on finishing tank tomorrow night.

Comment

Welcome to Kr .

Comment

Thanks grady. Just ready to ride!

Comment

Working...
                    X