Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hello everyone and please help me !!!! (Katana polarity reversed during jump start)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone and please help me !!!! (Katana polarity reversed during jump start)

Hello everyone. This is a great site you guys have here. I'm recently retired and I'm the family mechanic. I can pretty much work on anything, but I still need help in the worst way. My son and his friends tried to jump start his '00 Katana GSX600 using a car. That's bad enough, but they also crossed the jumper cables reversing the polarity. The battery was fried and all the electrical went dead. I installed a new battery and everything is still dead. All of the fuses in the little box above the battery are good. There is another little box next to it. Could that have blown? Is there a circuit breaker or 30 amp fuse somewhere? Could the alternator and ignition be toast? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is a fuse on the left side of the bike, under the fairing, by the seat. It's white. Try that. Dont know about the alternator and such.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Follow that link, and see the pic. Good luck.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Thank you sir for your info. and your service. My son is a corporal out of Twenty Nine Palms. He is recently back from Afganistan. Thank You!

Comment

Welcome to KR and thank your son for me for doing what he does.
        Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by aolis110 View Post
          Thank you sir for your info. and your service. My son is a corporal out of Twenty Nine Palms. He is recently back from Afganistan. Thank You!
          Semper Fi! Tell your son to stay frosty, for me. I was also 1st MarDiv, but out of Pendelton. Infantry.

At any rate, I hope you get the situation with the bike squared away. Some of the folks who know more than I do around here are Kreylyn, Wild Bill, Steves, Mojoe, Arsenic, Scottynoface and a few others. Maybe hit one of them with a private message, for more assistance.
          Last edited by Scout; 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! There is a fuse on the side of the battery box next to the starter relay. MAIN FUSE for entire cycle...try that.

Comment

Thanks to all! The fuse is where Scout showed me. There is a fuse box the behind left side cowling towards the front of the seat. Pull the wiring plug, and pull the cover. It holds two 30 amp fuses. One is a spare. I Replaced the blown one and all is good. You don't have to remove the whole cowling to get to it. Remove the top bolt and the two bottom bolts, and carefully pull back the cowling. You will be able to get to the box. Like I said. This is a great site!

Comment

We like it.

Glad you got the bike back up and running. Don't forget to replace that fuse before you need another one.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X