X

Just Picked up a 03 600 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Picked up a 03 600 Katana

Just picked up a 03 Katana for 2000. Runs good. Only issue is the kick Stand is falling well riding not to the point of going all thee way down Just to the point of tripping the switch and causing the bike to turn off. I did a search and know I need to replace the spring. Untill it comes in the mail I'm just going to take the kickstand off and use the side stand. The thing is I can't get the bike up on the center Stand. Is there a Trick too it??

Thanks,
    Josh

Also Think I did ok on the price?? Its my first bike. Only issue is a few scraps on the fairing

Welcome to KR!

It takes a little practice to get the bike on the center stand. The way that I always do it is first put it on the kickstand. Next, grab the left handle bar and grab under the side of the tail.

Now, take your right foot and press the center stand down until it touches the floor. While keeping slight pressure on the center stand, tilt the bike up until you feel both feet of the center stand touching the ground. You'll feel the bike balance when both feet are on the floor.

Now, simultaneously put all of your weight on the center stand with your fight foot (actually stand up on the lever) while pulling the bike towards the rear with the handlebar and the tail of the bike. You don't need to jerk the bike up. Just smooth pressure on the stand and smooth pulling the bike back. It should pop right up.

You may want someone on the other side of the bike the first few times that you try it until you get the hang of it. Once you figure it out, it will become second nature.

Good luck!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...l1385l6j7l13l0.

Pick a few to watch until you get the general idea. And the first few times you try it have someone on the other side "just in case"
      Kyle

Comment

Welcome to KR, my kickstand bolt almost fell out today too! luckily i spotted it before anything bad happened

lets see some pics!

Comment

Working...
        X