Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grats on your gloves.
    sigpic
    1989 GSX750F Kat GSXR750 engine Yoshi pipe Jet Kit K&N filters
    Former US Navy, but I'll always be a sailor.

The wrench turning I can do, but its the knowledge about Bikes I'm lacking.

Comment

I had a similar fall a few months ago in October of 2011, thank goodness I had gear on too. Funny thing I have found is that I now am less worried about going down than before, like a boxer takeing his first hard punch and realizing he can take it.

Comment

Sounds like your doing good!
        If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
        «on the soccer field of course»

Comment

Truth be told.... not all the "gear" in the world is going to make you a better rider. Riding is basically the "school of hard knocks". You learn from your mistakes...if you're one of the "lucky ones"......and if you don't learn from them, you'll make them again, and hence, more protective gear so you can do it again.....and again, unfortunately. Don't ask me how I know.
          Truth be told.... I pray to a non-denomiational God when I get on my bike for a safe return home, and I seriously say "Thank you!" when I pull up in my driveway. Even after all the crashes I've been in, I'm still alive.......and I'm about to start another season, but I rather doubt I'll change my regimen......so far so good.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            Truth be told.... not all the "gear" in the world is going to make you a better rider. Riding is basically the "school of hard knocks". You learn from your mistakes...if you're one of the "lucky ones"......and if you don't learn from them, you'll make them again, and hence, more protective gear so you can do it again.....and again, unfortunately. Don't ask me how I know.
            Truth be told.... I pray to a non-denomiational God when I get on my bike for a safe return home, and I seriously say "Thank you!" when I pull up in my driveway. Even after all the crashes I've been in, I'm still alive.......and I'm about to start another season, but I rather doubt I'll change my regimen......so far so good.

On that note and not to thread jack but who is going to their local blessing of the bikes this year or should we just post one on here

Comment

Parts arrived today,stator cover and front turn signals,replaced both cause i wanted the smoked!!She will be up and running in no time!!

Comment

very cool! It's good to see that you're still excited about riding after you mishap.
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

congrats on the new parts. I am envious of the smoked turn signals. Hard to justify the cost right now though.

Comment

I am stoked,everytime I go look at the bike it doesnt look as bad as the time before!!I start the saftey course on the 16th,I can't wait to be a "legal" "safe" driver!!!I learned many lessons over the last week and I'm ready to learn more!!Upright not sliding on the pavement!!

Comment

Glad to hear you got some parts.
                      Were they by chance the ones I linked you to.

Comment

Yes I bought the ones you linked,I love the smoked look it's going to look good!My husband is jealous he wants some for his zzr12!!Got the smoked rear signals today too and some of the new gear showed up.It was like Christmas around here today!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktykat View Post
                          Yes I bought the ones you linked,I love the smoked look it's going to look good!My husband is jealous he wants some for his zzr12!!Got the smoked rear signals today too and some of the new gear showed up.It was like Christmas around here today!!

Glad to hear it worked out I have to order mine soon.
                          I love those days where all the goodies come in at once

Comment

Revelations. I just now realized you were in Farmington. Then I found out your husband rides a ZZR12. My wife and I will be living in Pagosa Springs come June. This makes us neighbors. I look forward to our paths crossing. I ride a ZZR12 also. Bienvenidos! And mend quickly.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Wow thats awesome Zuma,we love to ride in colorado!Durango is definatly a favorite spot of ours,not too far but a beautiful ride!!Love to meet up with you and your wife sometime!Yay riding buddies

Comment

Groovy! My wife doesn't ride bikes, but is into horses. We have a place out in the mountains on the Lower Blanco. Mi casa es tu casa. See you this summer.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X