X

Back again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again

Good morning KR, after a long hiatus from motorcycling I am back.

Little bit about myself: I am 19 years old, college kid, studying Finance at one of Florida's least favorite state universities.

Where I've been at: I started college two years ago and had to give up my precious motorcycles, in the meantime I entered into the world of downhill longboarding. After one too many crashes and losing more skin than motorcycling ever caused me, I'm cutting back a bit and going to focus back on my first love, motorcycles. On campus housing did not provide a safe enough environment that I felt okay having my motorcycle with me, however I am finally getting my own apartment, in a nice gated, well lit, community.

About my bike: 1998 Suzuki GSX750F, with about 12K on the clock. Lowered using pro-tek dogbones, forks dropped in the front, D&D exhaust, smoked turn signals and third eye light, Core moto spiked fairing bolt set.

Future plans for the bike: Db Dawg for the exhaust, repaint to Silver with a black belly pan, rear seat cowl and a few other odds and ends.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Is it even possible to do downhill long boarding anywhere in FL? Anywhere I've seen down there, you would be hard pressed to reach 2-3mph coasting down a FL hill. Welcome back.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
      Is it even possible to do downhill long boarding anywhere in FL? Anywhere I've seen down there, you would be hard pressed to reach 2-3mph coasting down a FL hill. Welcome back.
      If you find that hard to believe, try to wrap your mind around this.
      I work in a ski/snowboard shop part time. Today's temperature was 84* and sunny. The closest ski resort is 12 hours away.

45mph + is more than possible in Florida, just gotta know where to look.
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHogXl3b8U"]King of Clermont 2012 - Race Edition - YouTube[/ame]
      Unfortunately I'm only briefly featured in this video because I crashed out, broke 3 fingers, sprained my wrist and am suffering nerve damage now.
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Cool vid.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back!
          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

great lookin bike. if you are gonna have the under belly painted, consider havin your jesus bar on the back repainted as well. it will give it a little contrast on your bike. and only 12 k on that bike. NICE. throw a bottle of seafoam to er. it will be like kat nip to er

Comment

I'd love to have a long board. I wish they had those when I rode years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X