New Old Kat Rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Kat Rider

Hi!

This is my first Suzuki. I haven't ridden for about 5 years. Just bought myself a 1999 GSXF750 with 13k miles. Scorpion slip on, ignition advancer, HID lights, steel hoses, and apparently full jet kit and K&N filter.

Back when I lived in Scotland I rode Yamahas - SR125, XJ600S, and YZF600R - but since moving to the USA I haven't been on 2 wheels until now.

It starts, runs, and stops. That's good enough for me! Needs new tyres though - very uneven left side wear on the front Avon Storm. Rear looks practically brand new.

It's a nice enough bike - needs love and attention to sparkle it up, hope that I don't run into any problems.

Cheers!

Welcome to the KR family.... a lot of decent people.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks!

Here she is! Got snow here in Illinois now - but when I bought her last week it was nice out!

Cheers!
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to KR! Nice looking bike.
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome!
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome. I like the blue.

Richard
              96 Suzuki GSX750F
              89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
              05 Yamaha WR450F
              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Welcome here. That's a nice looking Kat you have there. Enjoy it as much as possible.
                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

welcome. usually K&N air filters don't work well on Katanas. the search function is your friend.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

So, from Scotland to Il? Don't know how long you've been in Il but you're in for some drastic changes as compared to Scotland!

I've spent around two of the last five years in Scotland myself and can't imagine the Il shock difference.

I lived in souther Il for around three years and don't ever care to go back. Now Scotland on the other hand...in a minute!

I have regular business in South Ayrshire @ PIK so I'm real familiar with everything between Aberdeeen, Falkirk, Glasgow, Prestwick and Ayr.

Each and every time I go, I'm afforded a cage by my employeer but crusing those roads in the cage, I always have in my mind throwing some kind of two wheeler around those motorways / back roads! Never have done so though because as far as I know, Glasgow is the only place close to Ayr that rents two wheelers and as you may know, once in Glasgow, can't help but have a few drinks which in no way go with said two wheeler!

But yeah...Welcome!!!
                      It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Yup Illinois is quite a bit different from Grampian - I can't remember the last time I saw a hill

Been coming here for 12 years - emigrated 3 years ago, kind of used to it now.

Glasgow is good for beers of course - although I've never lived there, and no idea where would rent bikes. Shirlaws in Aberdeen used to do rentals years ago - no idea if they still do - or even if they are still in business. Mcgowans worth a try also.

Favourite roads in Scotland - loads of them, but if you ever get a chance, from Aberdeen take the South Deeside (B9077) out to Banchory, then the North Deeside (A93) all the way up to Braemar, then down to Perth. Just beautiful!

As for K&N's being a bad idea for the Kat - it came with the bike. I gather that many people have problems. I can't seem to find anything wrong with it so far- should I be looking for something specific? I do think it's running a bit rich though, although I need to put more miles under it before I can really tell whats going on.

Cheers!

Comment

Welcome!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                            X