X

New to forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

Hi I'm new to KatRiders. I just bought not to long ago a 2006 Katana 750, I really like the way the bike looks but sadly I have not had a chance to ride it yet. I have to do some work to the bike have to replace the petcock and ether clean or replace the gas tank. Aside from that I have to replace the battery and with all hope that should be all. The bike sat up for lil over a year in a shed with gas in the tank. I did turn the engine over before buying the bike.
    I do have some plans on lowering the bike some because I am a short man just standing at 5"7" and I want to be safe on the bike. also looking at swapping out the stock exhaust out with a delkevic Mini Carbon Fiber Mufflers / Silencers 8" and halo's on the headlights and a corbin gunslinger and lady seat for the Kat. (My wife says she will not ride unless it had back rest or sissy bar what you may)
    One future mod that I may do but not sure if I truly want to is a 240 rear and 10" extended swing arm. I would like to do it for the look but however I am not sure if it will add any better of a ride.
    Thank you for any feed back and also for adding me to the forum.
    Attached Files
    Ride to be free, don't ride to mimic.

Welcome again.

Skip the extended swingarm and superfat tire. It'll just make the bike harder to turn and there's an awful lot you'd have to do to that swingarm to fit a 240 truck tire in there. Kudos on the Corbin, though. Your wife may actually prefer it without the backrest. There's a significant lip on the back of the passenger section of the Corbin which keeps my 9 year-old feeling plenty secure.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I am going to keep the stock seat as well, and thank you for the advice about the swing arm. The look is what catches me more then anything never really rode a bike that has had it done. I would like to get a lil wider tire on the rear of the bike, how wide can I go on stock rim and swing arm?

Comment

welcome to kr! i think the widest tire that will fit is a 170. anything wider takes mods, and really is just for looks. also i wouldn't stretch the swing arm yea it looks cool but that is it, makes the bike want to go straight, and the twisties are the best part about riding (besides the feel of freedom, and just how much better the world looks from 2 wheels).

also the search function is your friend 9 times out of 10 your question has already been answered. and check the wiki and download the service manual, it is very informative.
        sigpic
        "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
        "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Welcome!
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I am enjoying this forum and finding it to be very help full.

Comment

any larger tire than 150/70 will result in not using all of the tire. I recently had a 170/60[made for 4.5" wheel] as well as 160/60 and could not wear them to the edge, I can on 150/70. just saying.
                Last edited by KAT TOY; 01-14-2012, 11:58 AM.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome!
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the mods!
                    Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                        X