X

Greetings all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings all

Looking to get a 95 Kat 750 for $600 - though I am gonna try to talk him down to $500. seller says it ran last month and needs coil pack to get going. his brother had the bike since new, 19K miles valves adj 7 mos ago. says it turns over and tries to start, but nothin. if i get him down to the right $$, def clean carbs, check valve adj, gas tank, all the usual stuff with a used bike. thinking a fighter project b/c the plastics are cracked in a couple places. only prob is that this Kat is 3 hrs away. but for 5 or 6 hundred $$, it's hard to pass up...

any thoughts on the price??

Thanks!!

Welcome to KR
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR and good luck with your purchase. Hopefully it is just a matter of cleaning the carbs.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome and good luck if you decide to purchase.

Comment

Welcome! Have you checked the price and availability on the coils? They are pretty expensive. Doesn't sound like a bad deal but between the coils, fuel to get it home, and whatever else might be wrong with it you may end up with more in it than what you'd spend on a used bike that runs-specially this time of year. Good Luck with whatever you decide.
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Welcome to KR! I wouldn't be swapping any coils until you have a new battery. Start with the simple things first.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome aboard. +1 on new hot battery first
              1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

thanks all. more investigation yields a bum 3rd gear - so this thing needs an engine swap. also, the seller wants 600 firm - IMO $600 is now a bit much, no?

Comment

It depends, what condition is the rest of the bike in? cracked fairings are pretty easy to repair. A motor will run a couple hundred dallars plus shipping unless you find one local. If you want it and are willing to fix it, it's your call $600 for a complete bike not to bad. Trashed out maybe not.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

well, i was intending on making a couple of $$ off the project and he wouldn't budge on $600. says it was bored 30-over, all other gears were smooth, few cracks on the plastics. i don't mind doing the work, just had a number in mind and it didn't jive with his number. oh well the search continues...

Comment

Originally posted by ecky View Post
                        well, i was intending on making a couple of $$ off the project and he wouldn't budge on $600. says it was bored 30-over, all other gears were smooth, few cracks on the plastics. i don't mind doing the work, just had a number in mind and it didn't jive with his number. oh well the search continues...
                        There's lots of Kats out there for sale. I'd spend a few $ more and find one closer and better cond., ie running, inspected, test ride, you know.
                        What always worked for me is, sleep on it and if it's still avail. in 2 days then it's for me.
                        Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Working...
                        X